Security Architect - Bristol - £Neg + Excellent Benefits (See below)
We are looking to recruit a Security Architect to join a team of security professionals within the Security & Information Systems Division (S&IS) of this global defence company in Bristol
S&IS (UK) is at the forefront of supplying technology and services for both civil and defence markets, in both the UK and around the world, to enhance the capabilities of its Customers.
We are looking for professionals who are looking for a leadership role within Cyber Security and Information Assurance in a diverse, challenging environment. In addition to providing Cyber Security services to our clients you will also be deployed within the wider business, which could include providing support to Enterprise Solutions and Secure Operations Centre to assist developing secure solutions for in-house and external clients.
- Deliver against customer requirements, including analysing data / problems and using relevant expertise / tools to define potential solutions
- Work as part of an internal or customer team, delivering services, designs and solutions to meet defined project scope
- Build and maintain good customer relations
- Operate independently in setting and delivering work schedule, managing their own time to deliver allocated tasks
- Provision of advice and consultancy services to Government and Commercial clients.
- Assist with the formulation and coordination of bids and proposals, providing specialist input through knowledge, examples and research
- Contributes specialist knowledge and experience to support pre-sales analysis and enquiries
- Undertaking complex problem analysis and solution development in support of consulting tasks
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior members of the team in order to develop overall capability
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Broad ICT cyber security technical knowledge;
- Security professional certifications preferred (such as
- CISSP, CISM; and CCP SIRA and/or IA Architect)
- Degree educated; ICT, Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Consultancy skills – building client relations; flexibility in working hours and locations; adaptability to changing schedules; reliability and quality of task delivery; team player
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role (SC) and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
These additional skills are advantageous (training will be provided):
- Knowledge of a range of InfoSec methods, tools and techniques including those covered by current HMG, MOD and NCSC policy and guidance
- Good understanding of physical, personnel, procedural and technical security controls and how to apply them
- Knowledge of the security issues associated with existing, current and emerging technologies including cloud, virtualisation and web
- Ability to interpret and advise on current HMG, NCSC and MOD Security policy and guidance.
- Experience in delivery of Cyber Vulnerability Investigations
- Willingness and ability to be cleared to DV
- Experience of conducting Business Development activities and pre sales support
- Ability to provide advice and guidance on a range of topics for example:
- Networks and Information Systems (NIS) directive
- System Security Policy / ISMS development
- Security auditing and assessment against HMG and Industry standards / frameworks
- Protective Monitoring
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery.
Why should you apply?
This companu truly believes that employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life and so that you can enjoy the great city of Bristol! That's why they are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all employees.
They want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Supportive relocation package: to make your move to Bristol even more attractive
- Learning & Development: They help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Flex-leave schemes: We offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Annual leave: We offer 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme: A multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Employee discount schemes: They offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits.
- Reserve Forces: We provide positive support to the Reserve
- Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: We encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Career break: Where appropriate, we support our employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace.
For more information contact Pete Sanders today