Cyber Security Analyst
Salary: up to £41k package
My client is one of the UKs leading FinTech companies based in Northampton. The company is in the midst of a business transformation that will see them become a leader in digital payment services, as the industry goes through the largest change in the past 100 years, moving from a paper based operation to a digital processing operation.
The organisation provides the UK domestic cheque clearing and associated services such as debit/credit outclearing, fraud detection, and image based returns and lock box to over 80% of the financial markets. The International cheque clearing is an area they are looking to expand into as they have the capability to cover all UK participants. Through their fraud management capability, they have successfully stopped over £150m worth of fraudulent UK domestic cheques per annum.
Our client is now developing their own technologies and new ways of working, changing their entire operating model, and keen to develop, support and maintain the organization’s Cyber Security defences.
What’s in it for you?
The company goes to great efforts to ensure they engage and invest in their people at every opportunity. They believe it’s important to support their staff in every which way, from the day they join until the day they leave. They claim they have not only built up a first class business, they have created a strong business community where employees work to support each other, to deliver and exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Values are: open, honest and transparent.
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Acknowledge the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and also seek to support employees in their charitable endeavors, through the giving of time and monetary donations.
- Working hours 9-5 Monday to Friday
- Assisting in developing, documenting and implementing information security policies, plans and procedures.
- Reviewing and redesigning internal processes and systems to ensure information confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Raising Information Security awareness across the company
- Performing internal security assessment such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and network discovery to ensure high standards of security for the internal systems.
- Performing internal audits to measure compliance with documented information security processes and policy.
- Defining and maintaining a record of compliance obligations mapping the evidence required to demonstrate alignment.
- This is a great opportunity to enhance your knowledge in the security space. Ideally you will have solid practical IT experience with an understanding of information security and risk concepts.
This role would suit a self-starter, with the drive to take on the challenges that are typically faced by a financial services organisation in meeting security standards. You will be strategic whilst maintaining a hands-on approach with the ability to influence senior stakeholders and board members. Previous experience will ensure you can demonstrate creating a security focused culture where our high standards are tangible both internally and externally.
You will possess excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in an IT Security, Information Security or Cyber Security role.
- Strong understanding of information security principles, standard and regulations
- Understanding of practical experience of cryptography
- Understanding of network security, e.g. firewalls
- Understanding of threat intelligence and vulnerability management
- Experience or an interest in the Financial Services Sector.
- In process of obtaining SSCP, CISSP, CISA, CISM or equivalent qualification