Scrum Master x 2 - SC cleared
Summary of the work
You will be an experienced Scrum Master who has worked with a mixture of team sizes and types and be able to work with various people and continually strive to improve their team’s efficiency and productivity.
Latest start date Thursday 1 March 2018
Expected contract length To 30/6/2019, option to extend for 6m
Location South London
Who the specialist will work with
Day to day the Scrum Master will work with the Agile Delivery Teams and the Business, managing and running Sprint ceremonies including daily stand ups, planning meetings, showcases and retrospectives. Working with the Business to ensure that the work has been adequately prioritised and has specific business benefit. The roles includes supporting the Product Owner to maintain a product delivery roadmap that identifies deliverables, dependencies and milestones.
What the specialist will work on
The clients’ IT team require Scrum Masters to help deliver multiple Agile projects within the Digital Services Programme, which are deployed upon a secure cloud environment running a distributed big data platform.
The current projects within the programme are: Border Crossing (BX), Advance Border Control (ABC) or Advanced Freight Targeting Capability (AFTC)"
Address where the work will take place
You will be predominantly based in South London, but may be required to attend central London sites or other locations as necessary.
You will work alongside existing delivery teams focused on specific outcomes, will conform to the clients’ rules & procedures and will need to be physically on site Monday – Friday. Approximate hours are 08:00 – 18:00.
Will conform to clients internal policies and will not be payable within the M25.
SC Security Clearance is required.
Additional terms and conditions
This role is deemed to be outside the scope of IR35 of the Intermediaries legislation. Candidates may be working towards obtaining SC clearance and must possess this by the latest start date.
Candidates with DV Clearance will also be considered.
Essential skills and experience
- At least two years experience in the use of Agile methodologies.
- Run Sprint ceremonies including daily stand ups, planning meetings, showcases and retrospectives
- Light-touch leadership that employs a highly collaborative approach to guide people without controlling them but employing authority when the situation requires.
- Facilitating inclusive decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, estimating, TDD, continuous integration, pairing, automated testing.
- Guiding and mentoring skills that demonstrate the Agile values and principles.
- Remove impediments that are preventing the team from delivery
- Growing and facilitating highly motivated and capable teams to deliver innovative software products, as well as less experienced teams.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of working on digital by default service standard compliant government website
- A highly developed understanding of government organisations, and how to operate and communicate at the varying levels of management
- Will have a background in Technology with proven success in a complex programmes
Great long term role working on an exciting technology programme.