IT Risk Manager
Salary: up to £54k
If you are a proven self-starter looking for your next challenge within a company that will give you the opportunity to use your skills and experiences to their maximum effect then this could be the role for you!
My client is the leading digital payment processing service provider within the UK, currently going through the biggest business transformation programme the company has ever seen! They are now looking for an experienced Risk & Assurance Manager to join the team and lead the way within the Technology and Operational areas.
They are developing our own technologies and new ways of working, changing our entire operating model and the purpose of this role is to lead a team of risk experts and act as the key business partner and Risk SME for ‘Run the Service’ (IT & Operations).
Purpose of the Role
To partner with the business to ensure Risk Management Policy and Framework is embedded into the company culture and working practices through:
- Developing awareness through education & engagement
- Consulting on risk and compliance matters
- Independently assuring the management of key risk and controls
What’s in it for you?
The company goes to great efforts to ensure they engage and invest in their people at every opportunity. They believe it’s important to support their staff in every which way, from the day they join until the day they leave. They claim they have not only built up a first class business, they have created a strong business community where employees work to support each other, to deliver and exceed the expectations of our customers
- Values are: open, honest and transparent.
- Excellent Benefits Package (including private medical healthcare)
- Acknowledge the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and also seek to support employees in their charitable endeavours, through the giving of time and monetary donations.
- Support R&C Senior Management in developing the Risk Management framework to meet the changing needs of the business
- Partner with the business to ensure proactive identification and evaluation of operational risks
- Lead and undertake assurance and follow up reviews
- Support management in establishing risk mitigation activities and development of risk management capability
- Lead Risk Assessments to help the business manage their risk exposures
- Represent the organisation at stakeholder and client facing meetings
- Provide Line management to assigned direct reports to include regular reviews, team development and associated administrative tasks
- Undertake regular benchmarking of the organisation’s security operations against national and international security standards and legislation
- Provide technical support and guidance to the business on compliance related issues as required
- Experience in a similar risk, compliance monitoring or audit role preferred – in a IT service based arena
- Confidence and positive influencing skills, with the ability to build relationships
- 5 years + experience in a financial services or similar risk management or senior risk analyst role
- Experience of communicating to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and proven ability in Support & Change Risk Management activities and techniques
- Drive and tenacity towards strong and effective delivery in a complex and demanding environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate and utilise new information, processes and training
- Ability to produce quality and timely management information reports
- Commitment to deliver and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to embrace change and be able to influence and encourage others
- Effectively prioritises tasks to ensure delivery meets time critical deadlines
- Experience in financial services
- Relevant qualification (MIIA/CISA/IRM)