QA / Continuous Improvement Analyst – Financial Services – Northampton
An opportunity has arisen for a QA / Continuous Improvement Analyst to join a well-established financial services provider at their corporate head office in Northampton. Ideally, from a financial services and/or banking background, your primary focus will be to support the CI Manager by providing monitoring and management information, support processes for monitoring and eliminating defects and working with stakeholders to support and build out improvements
*This is not a Test Analyst position*
- Checks newly raised defects to ensure the meet quality standards outlined by the programme.
- Where defects have been rejected as "Working as Designed" work with rejector to understand the exact issue and how this was missed in the requirements gathering process.
- Support CI Manager during daily Root Cause Analysis deep dive sessions providing MI and details of the issue for comparison.
- Review defects with previous test phase testers to understand if issue could have been found in a previous test phase.
- Review defects with developers to understand the real root cause behind the failures and not just the initial analysis "I.e. if a code error was the root cause, what reason was the code error made - code rushed? If the code was rushed how did the defect make it past code review, unit and integration testing before making it to the ST environment.
- Detailed review of defects to ensure appropriate information captured which shows how to recreate the defect and evidence of it occurring.
- Review of defects to ensure correct information captured at each point of the defect process.
- Support defect management team and defect analysts during times where busy or overwhelmed with defects.
£450 per professional day
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role in defect analyst, experienced Test Analyst / Test Manager
- Microsoft Office, TFS or HP ALM, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Able to deal comfortably with stakeholders at all levels, level headed with ability to cope well under pressure.
- ISTQB Testing Foundation Level