Project/Programme Planner - Financial Services - Northampton
As part of the Programme Management Office (PMO) the Project Planner works with Project Managers in the planning and tracking of time and costs for projects. Provide support to Senior Management with Projects Group activity in support of agreed client change strategy.
Understanding of the end to end Project lifecycle, including basic understanding of inception, design, development, testing and implementation elements.
- Highly proactive self-starter
- Ability to automate plans
- Deliver plans quickly with Macros
- Ability to pick up what is already in place and improve on it if necessary.
- Build and develop plans for programmes
- Build and deliver plans at various levels
- Support and work closely with the Project Managers
- Roll Plans up and down
- Attend senior level steering and board meetings
- Keep up with speed and pace of delivery as programmes change extremely quickly
- Building plans with Macros
- IT experience with Financial/Banking industry background required
6 month contract
£400 - £450 per day
- Project management capability and experience – experience in mobilizing, structuring and planning projects
- Ability to make take necessary action to address issues and risks to maintain plans on track
- Understanding of how to plan and manage dependencies with other projects to protect their projects delivery
- Produced weekly and monthly milestones reports, Plan on a Page and critical Path analysis for Executives and Steering Boards.
- String stakeholder engagement and team skills to be able to work with other Project managers in pressurized situations to protect project plans and delivery
- Ability to use their project management and delivery experience to carry out the following:
- Work with Project Managers, Test Managers & Test Leads, Development Managers and Programme Managers to produce their work stream plans
- Responsibility for creating, maintain, review and administer project plans, including determining all project assumptions and dependencies (internal and external)
- Regular liaison with Managers to discuss the progress of project plans and address any issues
- Provide regular reports on project status and exceptions
- Work closely with Senior Programme Planner on ensuring production of project plans correlate, can be consolidated and rolled up
- Ensuring that any changes made to the baseline plan were handled through agreed change control procedures
- Identifying dependencies between the different plans & critical path activities
- Integrating and consolidating individual project plans to form an integrated programme plan
- Undertake Quality Assurance to resolve planning issues, ensure plans and statuses are aligned.
- Produced weekly and monthly milestones reports, Plan on a Page and critical Path analysis for Executives and Steering Boards
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Work closely with clients on production of key milestones for Industry
Great role within a company going through an interesting period of change and transformation.