Project Manager - Oxford - 50-55k + Bens
We have a 12-month fixed-term opportunity for a Project Manager to oversee and manage the change to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations which come into force in May 2018. This will cover changes to systems and processes where staff and customer details are processed and stored. This role will be primarily to collaborate with key stakeholders to mitigate risks whilst still maintaining the ability for business to effectively continue to operate.
Reporting to the Risk and Compliance Manager, this role will involve:
- Take forward established plans to integrate the GDPR programme across the division.
- Maintain the established communication with the business stakeholders.
- Liaise and work with the Group Compliance Team and provide direction to the business stakeholders
- Become familiar with systems and processes required by the Business, to enable BAU to continue whilst the GDPR is assessed and the data and systems subsequently changed to align to the new regulations.
- Provide guidance and support materials to business colleagues in relation to GDPR as required.
- Continue to develop an existing mitigation plan and track progress to remove the risks associated with the new regulations in terms of business processed.
- Ensure good communication at all levels. Make sure that all information given out is up to date, accurate and appropriate.
- When appropriate, work with external security providers to determine best practice using them as an information hub.
- Report on project progress as required by the business and the Risk and Compliance Manager.
To be successful the ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of analysing work flows/processes/system and effectively documenting them.
- Experience in managing large and complex projects.
- Excellent organisational, time management and team-working skills.
- The ability to effectively manage and motivate staff and builds effective relationships up and down organization.
- Be able to balance the needs of the business and requirements of best practice, managing expectations and delivering suitable solutions.
- Have the eagerness to learn and the ability to maintain knowledge of compliance requirements to protect the business.
- Have demonstrated ability to identify, prioritise and resolve issues promptly and effectively in a commercial and practical manner.
- The ability to manage and complete projects across multiple business units and a commitment to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders at all levels across the Company.
For immediate consideration, please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033