Project Manager (SC Cleared or able to become cleared). Based in Milton Keynes and working for this prestigious global information services company who provides a portfolio of IT Services, software, and technology.
As the UK government begins to evolve their systems and processes to go digital, this company serve clients in the Public Sector with proven technical expertise and innovative approaches, they are at forefront of Digital Government.
You will joining the team who support Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. You will lead activities for various internal teams and clients, particularly in the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment, planning for and calling upon a range of resources, with the necessary skills, to undertake specific work packages typically delivered in an agile manner.
We are looking for a Project Manager who is capable of leading all aspects of project delivery, including providing oversight and control of project activities, stakeholder management, managing project financial performance, risk management, and reporting progress, as well as resource and subcontractor management.
You will be expected to:
- Take sole responsibility for the projects, covering all aspects and focusing on ‘making things happen’ to move them quickly to completion
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure that appropriate quality standards are met
- Create and maintain all appropriate project documentation
- Agree and document project scope and objectives with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to track progress
- Estimate schedules and costs, producing small value proposals and change request responses
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Organise the various resources engaged on a project, ensuring necessary availability and allocation
- Carry out Perform risk management to minimise project risk
- Ensure that all the aims of the project are met
- Oversee project accounting activities, including time booking, costings and invoicing
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques, escalating to as needed
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders
Typically, we would expect you to have previous experience leading full-lifecycle large-scale software development projects is essential, you’ll have a solid technical background, with clear understanding or hands-on experience in software development and support. Ideally you will have an ITIL Understanding, ideally ITIL Foundation Qualified with previous experience in the digital investigation, intelligence or law enforcement domains being advantageous. A background working in the Public Sector is desired but not essential.
Current or previous SC clearance is required or at the very least able to become cleared. Please Note: To gain SC clearance you will have to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years.