Project Manager - ITIL/ITSM - Northampton
We are looking for an experienced ITIL certified Project Manager to join a large transformation programme.
You’ll be experienced in delivering across a range of areas including Service Transition, Events Management, Service Operations, Service Design, NFR’s and DR.
This work-stream is hugely important to the success of the overall programme so you will have a strong delivery background and be comfortable landing in an environment where timescales are tight and challenges need to be overcome. You'll be directly managing two Business Analysts and working closely with the IT Operations team across the business.
You will need the following skills;
- Knowledge, experience and be qualified in ITIL.
- Strong track record of project delivery
- Financial services industry knowledge preferred but not essential
- Experience in preparation and maintenance of project plans.
- Experience of resource planning and task management.
- Experience of report writing including financial reports.
- Experience of RAID log management.
- Understanding and experience of stakeholder analysis and techniques to manage the needs and requirements of stakeholders.
- Experience of managing the commercial and budgetary facets of a project, including forecasting and estimation techniques and cost management.
- Awareness and experience of identifying and managing risks associated with projects in line with company governance.
- Experience of dealing with client facing, large scale projects of a strategic nature, where appreciation of organisation-wide issues and implications is required.
- Advanced MS Office and MS Project skills.
- Experience of managing dependencies and conflicts across complex projects.
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating individuals within cross functional project teams, clearly defining responsibilities and deliverables, providing development and support and ensuring recognition is given as required.
- Uses various skills and methods to manage internal and external Stakeholders.
- Appreciation of the importance of demonstrating emotional intelligence when responding to the various needs of a project team and external parties.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
6 month contract based in Northampton with a strong likelihood of extension. Must be able to successfully complete criminal, credit and referencing background checks.