We are looking to recruit an experienced project manager to join our, vibrant community of professionals within the Security & Information Systems Division. We are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing our next generation of world beating products.
You’ll be joining the Security & Information Systems Division (S&IS), the division is a pivotal innovator, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of our future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us!
You’ll be joining the automation business unit which is focused on providing a local and dependable partner for customers’ whole material handling equipment solution, to respond quickly and efficiently to their operational and evolutionary needs. We require your expertise to enable us to tailor our solutions to the customers’ requirements to that not only fulfil the initial requirement but often offer innovative improvements.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Responsible for the administrative, contractual, technical and financial control of the project.
- Organize the Project Team and develop effective relationships; supervise and mentoring.
- Preserve the integrated system design to meet the system performance and technical specification requirements.
- Manage the project master schedule to achieve timely completion of the contract.
- Report monthly project status.
- Act as primary interface with customer.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Lead a multi-disciplined team and sub-contractors; manage conflict, establish priorities, coordinate many concurrent and sequencing activities, develop the people associated with the Team, promote effective interactions among many departments and provide the project team with leadership.
- Effectively, manage risk and opportunities.
- Travel, as required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods may be required during the commissioning and acceptance phase of each project.
- Manage the project cash flow and schedule of deliverables against price/time curves; Exercise overall profit responsibility for the total project.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Have demonstrable experience with leading large, complex international projects, taking full delivery responsibility including delivering to schedule, to budget and to the highest standards for our customers.
- Be a strong and confident communicator who can collaborate effectively and manage a project organisation by leading and motivating teams, conduct presentations and run meetings efficiently.
- Demonstrable experience international project delivery experience in automation domains with demonstrable experience of successfully delivering material handling systems (Baggage Handling / Warehousing).
- Be commercially and financially astute combined with a detailed technical shrewdness.
- Communicate effortlessly in English (other languages are a benefit).
- Can travel extensively and sometimes at short notice.
Due to the nature of the role and project requirements, the beginning of the role will involve time to be spent with our Italian business in Genoa, Italy for a period of 6 – 8 weeks. This period is vital to ensure the successful candidate is quickly integrated into our highly talented and innovative global team.
The role will also require international travel.