A Project Manager is needed to work with our Small / Medium sized consultancy firm who are growing based on the excellent work they do, particularly in the Blue Light Sector and with Key Government Departments who affect nationwide legislation and security.
This business has vast experience of owning and delivering business programmes in some of the most demanding environments in the UK, across both the public and private sectors.
Base office is Milton Keynes, with likely client work in London. (Fully Expensed)
We will Security clear you as part of this role to SC level – candidates who are unable to gain UK Security clearance unfortunately can’t be considered.
They offer expertise through the full programme life-cycle from business cases development, to business and system design through to development and implementation and you will be working with an experienced team who have a background in the operational environments they deliver in. They have a developed a rich reputation for delivering key change programmes in the Blue light sector, key Government departments and associated agencies – in the UK and overseas.
As a Project manager member of the consulting team, you will be working with clients on critical change projects, mainly delivering on high level pan-government programmes of work. As a Project Manager, you will have a key focus on providing core PM techniques. The first is working directly with clients to deliver change.
As a key Project Manager, you will be coordinating an integration projects with multiple work streams. These will include a mix of traditional business change and occasional Technical system change, experience of working through the full Software Development lifecycle is a must but this role is NOT a software delivery role.
Key Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Planning and designing the project and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Ensuring that governance structures are in place and follow best practice from the PMO
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the project
- Managing the projects budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the project progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan and governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills
- Managing third party contributions to the projects
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces
- Managing risks to the projects successful outcome
- Working with teams on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals to BPMO and Steering Committee
Likely Skills you will have
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- Good knowledge of project management methods e.g. Prince 2, Agile, MSP, PMP
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Agile knowledge would be desired
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience using MS Project, MS Office, and MS Visio
- A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritise and deliver key initiatives
- Highly adaptable to changing needs within the organisation — adapts to rapidly changing priorities
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritising and re-prioritising projects and managing projects of various size and complexity
- Strong problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
This role would be ideal for a Project manager who is looking for a new and challenging role. A Project Manager who has experience working in Agile environments who is looking for a new long term career path, progression, applied learning and exposure and interaction to large, interesting and impressive change programmes and clients, with a fantastic growing consulting firm.
A Project Manager who has solid experience and good practical, not theoretical experience of using Prince 2, PMP or MSP.
This role is based in Milton Keynes as your home office, we work quite a bit in London with our clients with occasional overseas travel.
#Project Manager #Prince2 #SDLC #Agile #MSP #PMP