Project Manager - London - 40-45k + Excellent Bens.
Project Manager needed for this London-based company developing the next standard of encryption, future proofing the cyber security of critical devices and communication. This is a broad role and exciting opportunity in a dynamic and fast-growing business on the cutting edge of technological progress, and offers great growth and development opportunities. Salary range will be £40-50k depending on experience, with scope to increase as and when the company grows.
You'll be working with the Defence (military & intelligence services) and the IoT ‘fatality’ market - e.g. transportation (connected cars, planes), critical infrastructure (traffic control, power plants) and healthcare (pacemakers, insulin pumps).
You'll work with leading scientists in quantum sciences, photonics, cryptography and chip development at universities around the world.
As the project manager, you will be an integral part of the team and take the lead on several different external and internal projects.
Key responsibilities include:
· Ensuring each project is defined, managed and closed in a manner that ensures benefits and outcomes are realised as per the project objectives and the expectations of all stakeholders.
· Undertake due diligence prior to the project start to ensure realistic project parameters are set and agreed with the executive team and other stakeholders.
· Undertake due diligence prior to the project to ensure the required internal and external resources are in place to successfully execute the project.
· Obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control projects.
· Preparing project documentation as required and securing the requisite approvals.
· Building project organisations as appropriate, develop necessary relationships and engage, maintain, direct and motivate the organisation throughout the projects.
· Proactively identifying issues and risks, develop appropriate responses, manage and escalate where required such that they are resolved timely and with minimal impact on the project.
· Providing timely and quality communication to the internal and external stakeholders.
· Establishing and implementing project best practices; and
· In discussion with us, there is room for you to add and identify other relevant areas to your role as appropriate.
· ‘Taking ownership’ mindset & ability to get things done;
· Exceptional verbal & written communication skills including ability to get buy-in;
· Confident to challenge others based on common sense;
· Project management experience.
· Degree in physics, mathematics, computer sciences, IT or similar; and
· Formal project management qualifications.
For more information about this exciting company, please get in touch for more information and immediate consideration.