Contract Type: Permanent
Title: Project Engineering Manager
Within the Typhoon Total Availability Enterprise (TyTAN) Joint Avionic Service (JAS) programme, the need for a Project Engineering Manager has arisen.
The role of the Project Engineering Manager is to:
- Provide leadership and direction to the JAS Optimisation Team to ensure timely delivery of improvement activities.
- Be the focal point for the product range within the JAS engineering team, focusing on the availability of Avionics for the Typhoon.
- Provide functional responsibility for all UK Engineering staff within the JAS.
- Deputise for the JAS Technical and Engineering Service Manager.
Key Responsibility Areas
The Project Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of the JAS Optimisation activities, including developing, agreeing, delivering and monitoring the progress for all work packages, reporting the status to the contract management team.
- Working closely with the TyTAN teams, the JAS Service Delivery Manager and the wider JAS IPT teams to capture issues affecting the delivery of the JAS programme and identify optimisation opportunities.
- Cultivating a culture of continuous improvement within the wider engineering teams, from identification through to effective implementation of product, process and service improvements - with the focus on cost, performance and Customer/Partner satisfaction.
- Functional Leadership
- Acting as the senior engineering team member within the JAS organisation.
- Resourcing and leading a geographically deployed, multidisciplined engineering team to deliver the JAS programmes objectives.
- Mentoring and managing the performance and development of the engineering team members.
- Maintaining project compliance with the company policies and procedures, including life cycle management.
Reporting engineering performance both internally and externally, including:
- Summary of the engineering performance of the JAS
- Engineering Milestone status
- Monthly SOFT Report
- Key Technical Issues/Problems/Resolution
- Risk and Opportunity
- Technical Leadership
- Supporting the JAS Technical and Engineering Service (TES) Manager, providing day-to-day leadership to the Typhoon Support Centre and liaison with Technical Support Team to understand and make priority calls as required to meet the service demands.
- Adhering to the Engineering Governance for maintenance activities in accordance with regulatory framework.
- Managing the relationship with the back-office engineering team(s) to deliver technical solutions for the product range.
- Manage and deliver the Capability Enhancement activities (Part 21 Engineering), identifying and obtaining the appropriate Design Authority resources as required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with RAF OC ELWs, SEngOs, Avionics Trade Managers and other key Stakeholders to share knowledge and information relating to equipment issues and developments.
- Ensure the advice and documentation issued by the Typhoon Support Centre team is technically sound and underwritten by the relevant Design Authorities and/or an approved source.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Strong engineering management background, with experience in a leadership role within industry defence/government contracts.
- Excellent management skills and experience in leading and motivating a multi-disciplined and geographically dispersed team.
- Experience of working with multi-company collaborations or within a partnered working environment.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong ability to develop effective working relationships with Partners and key stakeholders.
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter, with the ability to engage with and influence others at all levels of seniority.
- Proven track record in leading change or transformation programmes.
- Ability to make quick but informed decisions based on obtaining information from the relevant sources.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- SC cleared and eligible for DV clearance.
- Understanding or awareness of Typhoon in-service support programmes, or modern and innovative in-service support approaches.
- An understanding of the Typhoon Avionics systems, and/or of Typhoon maintenance and technical support.
- Working knowledge of Project/Engineering Life-Cycle Management processes.
- Experience in delivering high value programmes/ projects.