PROGRAMME MANAGER – Core Aviation
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record than our client. The UK’s largest airline, the fourth largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. They fly 90 million passengers a year, employ over 10,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and they’re still growing.
As a Core Aviation Programme Manager, the role has accountability for the leadership of a set of projects and initiatives that together deliver defined benefits and improvements to business performance. You will work with executive sponsors and functional leads across the business to successfully define the business outcomes, benefits and business case for the programme underpinned by a clear scope and sequence of change required to enable those benefits on behalf of the Programme Sponsor.
Your key areas of responsibility and work streams will all be related to the aviation side of the business:
- Planning and Scheduling
- Network optimisation
- Workforce planning and optimisation
- Fleet planning and optimisation
We are looking for a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in programme management with a strong track record in delivering to cost, time and quality, ensuring flawless execution and full extraction of benefits
- Essential - A track record of Aviation related roles
- Experience of designing change projects which align both the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ elements of the organisation e.g. strategy, processes, systems, structure, values, behaviour, skills, engagement and communication
- Proven ability to lead, engage, and influence up to and including board level
- Led programme teams of 5o people.
- Strong coaching skills and ability to transfer knowledge and techniques. Line management of up to 7 direct reports.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Financial literacy (budgeting, reporting, interpretation) and managed £multi-million budgets
- Brings sense and clarity to uncertainty and conflicting priorities
- Ability to broker pragmatic solutions that strike the right balance between competing requirements
Salary and benefits
- Salary in the range of 70/90k
- Competitive base salary
- Up to 30% bonus
- 25 days holiday
- BAYE, SAYE & Performance share schemes
- 7% pension
- Life Assurance
- Flexible benefits package
- Excellent staff travel benefits
LOCATION & HOURS OF WORK
This full time role will be based in Luton, and will be 40 hours per week.