Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
You will be an experienced Product Manager with experience of leading development and delivery of systems or software products, ideally those involving application development, or with a strong data science element.
You can be based in either their Bristol or Luton office.
You will be a team at the early stages of an ambitious and exciting digitisation project, producing data driven mobile and web applications to improve their current business and also create new opportunities, with the potential to grow across the company and globally. The team is part of the Support and Service line of business which operates across all of the main UK sites, providing ground-breaking and invaluable support solutions to their customers.
You will be a, self-motivated individual who can think around problems and propose solutions. They want you to work with their product developers, those who use the products and those who manage the business to ensure that their products meet everyone's needs, and are delivered successfully.
By spending time with and listening to the product users, you will be able to find out what new features they need before gathering and analysing their feedback, helping you to make decisions about the future of the product and create product road-maps.
By looking outside the company, you will also help to identify and develop technical relationships with SMEs and partners, who will help us to grow, by giving us access to additional knowledge and technology.
Key Responsibility Areas
• taking overall responsibility for the success of your product
• overseeing development and ensuring product quality and on-time delivery
• meeting regularly with all stakeholders
• gathering and evaluating ideas and opinions
• collecting, analysing and responding to user feedback
• planning new features and changes to a product
• demonstrating new ideas and features to stakeholders
• creating timelines and road-maps for developing the product
• inspiring and enthusing colleagues and users of the product
• learning about users and a product's market
• researching competitors, similar products and technologies
• technical partnership development
• managing one or more budgets
• implementing or supporting product marketing campaigns
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
• Experience and a good working knowledge of the product development life-cycle and agile methodologies
• Experience in working with customers and end users
• Flexibility, as you'll be working in-depth with different business functions
• Decisive, and able to support your decisions with fair and objective reasoning and research
• Strong collaboration, leadership and diplomacy skills
• Highly organised and able to work to deadlines and road-maps
• Knowledge of defence based support contracts, software security and accreditation would be benefical but not essential
In return our client is offering an excellent salary along with bonus and benefits package