Contract Type: Permanent
Title: Procurement Manager
The S3(UK) vision is to be the leading UK and International Service Provider by building a reputation for delivering innovative solutions that provide a full range of Support and Service Solutions to our customers.
This is achieved through forging collaborative teams and partnerships in order to provide improved services to our customers through reducing costs and efficient working practices. S3 (UK) provides Integrated Operational Support (IOS) for numerous Fixed and Rotary wing users in the UK and overseas, improved and streamlined consumables management and provision as well as leading the advancement of new technologies and support techniques for the division through adjacent markets such as Agriculture and Medicine.
S3 UK leads the ‘Skytale’ solution for the UK MoD’s Mode 5 IFF capability and future exploitation opportunities as well as the TyTAN JAS solution for the UK MoD’s Typhoon fleet.
The Procurement Manager will lead activities for key existing programmes and develop supplychain solutions for campaigns. This will involve closely working with the internal Integrated Project Teams (IPTs), external Suppliers and Partners, within the growing Support and Services (S3) Line of Business which offers you a diverse and interesting range of opportunities.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Lead the set up and delivery of sub-contract management activities and other procurement related services.
- Promoting customer intimacy in internal and external relationships.
- Prepare and/or review and approve complex contract documentation using standard and non-standard formats.
- Focal point for the Programme Directors and suppliers regarding escalated contract and supply chain matters.
- Drive and lead strategies to influence business decisions throughout the programme.
- Identify solutions for complex areas of potential risk /opportunity e.g. sub-contract risk, liability and deliver solutions/mitigations.
- Promote a culture of best practice and sharing of knowledge within the function and across the wider business.
- Construct and lead the contracts and supply chain management Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project requirements to the supply base.
- Work with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand Internal Customer requirements.
- Management of Export Compliance, restrictions and third party rights for all procured items.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of the Commercial and Legal aspects associated with contracting within the Defence & Aerospace industry
- An ability to think ‘outside of the box’ offering solutions to enable the function to add value and innovation.
- SAP familiarity (or equivalent integrated business systems).
Key Performance Indicators:
- Positive feedback from internal/external customers and peer group.
- Timely and accurate preparation of data.
- Deadlines consistently met.
- Clearly and concisely represent Procurement at the monthly Performance Progress Reviews (PPRs)
- Adherence to functional specific, LCM and business process requirements and standards
- Quality of contracts, supply chain management and demonstrated performance of project deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Procurement within the Domestic and Export Defence & Aerospace industry and ability to apply them with minimal supervision and direction.
- Prime contracting experience is desirable.
- Commercial and negotiation skills.
- Relationship building skills with cross-functional colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Experienced in People Management.
- Influential at all levels both internally and externally
- Skilled at procuring services and Supply Chain/Sub-Contract Management.
- Requires appropriate training to degree level or equivalent or significant relevant work experience.
- People Management – Team of 6