Salary: £36,540 p.a. + £4,100 p.a. Car Allowance and flexible benefits package, including private healthcare
Purpose of the Role:
To undertake a range of tasks to assist the Team Manager to coordinate the efficient and prompt handling of all IT & Business Problems, to deliver the intended outcomes in order to increase and maintain service stability whilst minimising any adverse effects to stakeholders/clients or processes. Along with supporting key business and strategic objectives with the provision of management information and analysis as directed. Tasks should follow agreed procedures and service levels under general control and direction.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Full ownership and accountability of a Problem Management Portfolio, providing subject matter expertise and support towards the remediation of problem records
- Coordinate resources across the business to identify RCA
- Document RCA on all problem records associated within the primary portfolio
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to other areas of the business in relation to the process collaboration along with maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Extensive understanding and remediation of WAR portfolio including 3rd Parties and Suppliers
- Facilitate senior stakeholder sessions by using Management Information and analysis to support departmental and organisational goals and objectives
- Budget control for primary portfolio
- Completion of assigned activity within defined operational standards and agreed performance targets.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives within own area of operation.
- Support team manager in the completion of defined tasks and responsibilities within service level agreements.
- Complete all regular and periodic tasks as outlined in relevant procedures in your department.
- Identify opportunities to improve service, quality and efficiency to assist in delivering improvements to enhance productivity and efficiency within the department and across the business
- Take responsibility for personal development and progression to ensure there are no single point of failure within the team
- Enforce adherence to Problem policy and procedures at all times
- Organise and Chair the weekly problem reviews including
- End to end knowledge of primary portfolio to understand and progress for fix prioritisation
- Extensive knowledge of secondary portfolio to assist with keeping the show on the road
- Record and monitor risks identified for Problems for No fix / No solution with full explanation as to why no fix/solution is available.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Essential - Minimum Certification in ITIL V3 Foundation Certification in Service Management
- Essential – ITIL Capability RCV (Release Control & Validation) or ITIL Lifecycle in service Transition
- Essential – Proficient MS Office skills
- Desirable - ITIL Capability OSA (Operational Support Analysis) or ITIL Lifecycle Service Operation
- Experience in IT Problem
- Experiencing using BMC ITSM Remedy tool would be an advantage
- Deliver and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Influencing skills leading teams, coaching and mentoring less experienced members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to assimilate and utilise new information, processes and training