- Cutting-Edge: You will be part of ‘Team Tempest’ (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported by £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: Our participation in Team Tempest will involve UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Define the system analysis approach, liaising with sensor and communication technical specialist teams.
- Conduct installed performance modelling for multi-domain sensor systems (e.g. FoR, sensitivity, RF coverage, etc.).
- Consolidate and analyse installed performance data and system characteristics provided by specialist teams.
- Assess installed performance estimates for compliance with system requirements and key performance parameters.
- Identify performance shortfalls and propose candidate areas and methods for improvement.
- Coordinate multi-stakeholder analysis into reports and presentations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Substantial experience in mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor and communication systems.
- High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Strong numerical and analytical ability.
- Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
- Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.