- Cutting-Edge: You will be part of ‘Team Tempest’ (announced at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow), developing state-of-the-art airborne electronic systems for the most advanced fighter aircraft ever to be made.
- Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies that have been supported £200m annual investment in research and development.
- Challenging: This project will push the boundaries of innovation, technology, and the ingenuity of our engineering community to bring about a step change in performance and capability of our airborne electronic systems.
- Collaborative: Our participation in Team Tempest will involve UK-wide collaboration across multiple business areas including, Electronic Warfare, Radar Systems, and Communication Systems.
- Customer-Focused: You will be supporting the future needs of the UK Royal Air Force and working closely with our customer will be vital to ensure that our solutions meet their future operational needs.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Creation of representative, dynamic platform, mission, sensor, communication, and threat system models.
- Conduct dynamic systems modelling and simulation of integrated mission / sensor / communications systems.
- Translate mission types (e.g. ABAD, SEAD, ISR, etc.) into executable mission scenarios.
- Liaise with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to define and execute simulation environment.
- Perform analysis of integrated mission scenarios to assess mission effectiveness and survivability.
- Liaison with OA specialists from customer and industry partner organisations.
- Technical reporting of key findings and recommendations for delivery to customers & industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to meet with our customers and industry partners.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Substantial experience in mathematical modelling of RF, EO / IR sensor and communication systems.
- High proficiency in the use of mathematical modelling tools such as MATLAB and Simulink.
- Strong background in modelling & simulation of platforms and emitters in a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of EW technology, performance, operational capabilities, and use (DAS, EO / IR, Radar, Comms)
- Extensive experience of stakeholder interaction with customers and industrial partners.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation ability.