Networks Team Leader
£48k basic + bonus and benefits
About the Company
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Manager, the Networks Team Leader has accountability for leading the successful operation of the team providing support to the voice and data enterprise network. Primarily focusing on break fix scenarios and BAU support.
This includes maintaining, supporting, and optimising the data centre core networks, business unit local voice and data networks, as well as all wide area connectivity.
- Line management responsibilities for a team of technical staff including mentoring, skill development, evaluation, supervision and day-to-day team management.
- Ensure required levels of support are maintained at all times to meet the needs of the business in line with KPIs
- Management of all incidents and service requests assigned to the team’s queue, ensuring these are completed successfully and within SLA.
- Practice IT configuration management, including management of component inventory and related documentation.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of all data & voice components under SSC Management.
- Proactive capacity management for all network components to ensure we meet business needs now and going forward.
- Management of suppliers ensuring 3rd party KPIs are met effectively and financial transactions are correct and audited.
- Disaster Recovery, ensure necessary processes and procedures are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of systems and services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to the business.
- Relevant work experience within a Network Support function.
- Experience within an leadership focused role.
- Educated to degree level, specialising in related fields such as Computer Science and Information Security is desirable.
- Experience of using current ITIL practices
- Certifications in at least one of the following; Avaya / Nortel, Cisco, Checkpoint and Riverbed would be advantageous and greatly beneficial to the role.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong troubleshooting ability.
- Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, Wi-Fi, LAN, WAN, , TCP/IP
- In-depth knowledge of relevant network management and analysis tools.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall configuration, optimisation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and other network security measures would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Voice over IP enterprise implementations
- Knowledge of WAN optimisation technologies such as Riverbed.
- Strong understanding of management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Good leadership skills and qualities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A drive to achieve exceptional customer service.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- 37.5 hour on-site work week.
- An ability to adjust to a shift work rota and participate in on-call rota when required.
- Additional travel may be required so access to vehicle and full driving licence is preferred however not essential.
- Desk based role which involves sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity or would like to apply then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.