Network Security Architect
£70k plus package
Paying 70k plus pension, expenses etc
We are looking for a Network Security Architect who should be able to design and deploy highly secure networks for a hybrid environment using Native Microsoft Azure and Palo Alto technologies. The right architect is also responsible to create a seamless Disaster Recovery solution considering key compliance guidelines such as GDPR.
Below are some of the technologies which are have proposed in this solution.
- Microsoft Azure: Azure Express Route, Network Security Group, Network Watcher, Virtual Network, Security Centre, Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication, Privileged Identity Management, Compliance Manager
- Palo Alto: NG Firewall, Evident, Panorama, Traps
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The candidate should have proven expertise in designing, implementing, and supporting large enterprise networks, working with customers to filter the technical requirements from business requirements.
- Candidate should take ownership to ensure that solutions are delivered to specification from conception to operational hand-off, every time.
- He/ She must be able to work cross functionally across other technical functions within a customer engagement to collaboratively build cohesive solutions, proactively identify and resolve issues independently as well as report their progress.
- Candidate should have strong hands-on technology experience building and running large scale, highly available systems handling high volume of sessions/transactions per day with low latency.
- Should have strong understanding of public cloud architectures, technology, and deployments including Microsoft Azure.
- Should have strong design experience in building large scale distributed internet systems.
- Deep experience in MPLS, MP-BGP, OSPF, RSVP, VRF's, VLAN's, VXLAN's, datacentre networking, spine/leaf topologies.
- Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to apply lessons learned and design patterns in architecture.
- Strong experience in Application Delivery & Load Balancing methods and implementations.
- Demonstrable practices in creating lifecycle architecture documentation and building from documentation.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- In-depth knowledge of routing, switching, wireless and network security.
- Strong knowledge of TCP, IPv4 and IPv6, and common protocol operations.
- Knowledge of stateful packet inspection, Palo Alto firewalls, VPN’s and ACLs.
- Extensive experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements (LACP, L2 ECMP, 802.1d/w/s, 802.1x, etc.)
- Engage with leading IT suppliers/vendors to identify best-of-breed solutions as well as candidates for next generation solutions.
- Engage engineering and operations teams as a technology SME and highest level of technical escalation
- Ability to bring in the Analytics and Automation Solutions in Networking & Security area
- Expertise in Palo Alto Security solution and compliance management.
If you are interested in a further discussion about this position then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.