The Security & Information Systems Division (S&IS) is a pivotal innovator, supplying safety through technology, to provide our customers with more efficient, safe and secure products and services, whatever their requirements.
The S&IS Division is a world leader in safety-through-technology, providing tailored solutions for customers in public administration, public safety and security, critical infrastructure, services, transport, large companies, post and logistics.
S&IS (UK) is at the forefront of supplying technology and services for both civil and defence markets, in both the UK and around the world, to enhance the capabilities of its Customers.
They are looking for creative thinkers who have a passion for applying technology to solve real world problems and developing their next generation of world beating products.
The company is looking to recruit a Network Engineer based out of its site in Bristol. The successful candidate will be working on the Enterprise Security team, whose primary objective is to design and build sophisticated infrastructure systems that are delivered into defence, government and public sector organisations.
The role requires candidates with an excellent working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies to design, deliver and maintain complex I.T systems.
The successful candidate will be a member of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the ongoing systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and bids. The candidate should be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases including architectural design, detailed system/subsystem design, implementation and customer facing testing.
The successful candidate must have a strong all round technical ability with an excellent working knowledge of network security technologies. Current ongoing projects will require an awareness of cyber security capabilities.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Able to understand, interpret and engineer complex and often conflicting customer requirements
- To be able to expand a high-level design into a low-level design using technical experience, judgement and best practice
- Able to confidently select the best approach, tools and products for a given task and justify these choices
- Development of systems engineering documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of secure systems
- Provide specialist technical support to the business unit, supporting the project or wider programme (potential involvement in bid development/evaluation)
- Work with external third parties such as vendors / resellers, to develop robust & costed solutions.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Skills and experience in the following areas are mandatory:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Industry qualifications to CCNA/JNCIA level
- Demonstrable experience in at least one Next Generation
- Firewall product such as Palo Alto, Fortinet or Juniper
- Expert level working knowledge of common routing & switching technologies such as VLANs, RSTP, IP, Ethernet, static routing
- Implementation experience using some of the following industry standard network protocols: OSPF, NTP, RADIUS, HSRP and SNMP
- Proven ability to independently troubleshoot complex network problems across a wider I.T system
- Experience with physical rack/stack/cabling in a datacentre environment
- Cyber security fundamentals and key concepts
Skills and experience in the following areas are advantageous/desirable:
- Network Design to both HLD & LLD level of detail
- Network taps and traffic aggregation – fundamental knowledge of key concepts. To include any of the following: packet level analysis using wireshark or tcpdump, physically inline proxy/firewall/IPS deployment, policy based routing, SPAN/RSPAN/ERSPAN configuration.
- Any exposure to Netscout/VSS/Gigamon/IXIA products
- Windows server – Active directory, DNS, NPS
- VMware or other virtualisation technology
- Linux CLI administration and configuration
- Web proxy configuration or support e.g. Bluecoat, Squid Proxy
- Experience working on large projects, applying the systems engineering lifecycle
Why join The Company?
- At the company, they believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life. That's why they are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all their employees.
- They want to support you and encourage you to fulfil your potential through:
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes: They offer our employees the time and flexibility they need to enjoy a balanced life.
- Annual leave: They offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Learning & Development: They help assess your development needs in line with the role you wish to perform, and allow you to further develop your knowledge.
- Award-winning pension scheme: Their multi-award-winning pension scheme includes generous employer contribution.
- Employee discount schemes: They offer you and your family an attractive range of discounts from retail and cinema to hotel bookings and vehicles benefits.
- Generous relocation package: They offer an excellent package to ease the move for people relocating for work.
- Maternity leave: They have very flexible working arrangements and advantageous Maternity Policy
- Free parking: This is available on or near all their sites.
- Reserve Forces: They provide positive support to the Reserve Forces and allow employees who are Reservists to take additional time off.
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme: They encourage working parents to save money on childcare by offering them several advantageous facilities and vouchers.
- Paternity, parental, adoption and dependent leave: They care to ensure that we consider every aspect of your needs. All these policies are covered as part of our Work-Life Balance Policy.
- Career break: Where appropriate, they support their employees in pursuing other interests outside the workplace.
If you are interested then please contact Jonny Duggan as soon as possible.