Our client are looking for an experienced Network Engineer with experience of both Alcatel and Cisco networking to work full-time at their customer site in Belgium on an initial 12 month contract.
This contract will be working within a highly secure environment and engaging with both military and civilian members of staff. There is a particular focus on the Alcatel experience for this role.
• In-depth knowledge of Alcatel Lucent Service Routers, Service Access Router and Switches, as well as Cisco routing and switching equipment.
• General experience in the installation, testing, integration and programming and configuration of IP/MPLS routing, switched and TDM networks.
• Knowledge and experience of modern communications systems such as IP/MPLS, DWDM as well legacy and TDM technology.
• Valid/active Alcatel Lucent Network Routing Specialist II (NRS II) or higher (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Valid/active Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP) routing and switching or higher certification (or equivalent demonstrable knowledge).
• Ability to effectively work and communicate in English.
• Experience on specific NATO transmission networks, interfaces and encryption devices.
• Related field experience in operation, administration and maintenance of digital and IP based telecommunication and transmission systems.
• SDH technology knowledge and/or experience.
• Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
• Related field experience and knowledge related to RAD Megaplex family of products and management tools
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or NATO Secret clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email (01908 030 130 / firstname.lastname@example.org)