£NEG plus benefits
You will have the opportunity of working within a truly unique and rewarding mixed team of Military and Civilian Cyber Security specialists. Based in Mons, Belgium you will be directly involved day to day in maintaining the integrity of the organisations Cyber Security Defence posture. The company’s Computer Incident Response Centre is one of the largest fully integrated global Cyber Defence capabilities in the world. This capability requires a combined international team of 250+ Industry analysts and engineers, to operate and maintain the wide range of Cyber Security services and the complex infrastructure on which they run, installed at over 100 sites in all 29 countries.
At the company, we believe that our employees work best when they are able to achieve balance between work and other aspects of life - which means more time to enjoy the opportunity of exploring the many great locations in continental Europe which are within easy reach of Mons. That’s why we are committed to designing policies and developing a working environment that promote the benefits and well-being of all our employees. To find out about all our Company benefits please visit:
You will have strong all-round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies. The role demands high proficiency in Cisco and Juniper-based networking and multi-vendor firewall technologies. An awareness of cyber security capabilities and an understanding of enabling security lockdown controls to pass system accreditation would be advantageous.
- Work within the organisation’s matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of the organisation’s global Cyber Defence systems;
- Carry out Network implementation across multiple work threads providing both operational support and project implementation activities;
- Work closely with the technical support desk in monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems and carrying out system upgrades;
- Work proactively with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, optimise and improve the suite of NCIRC system and security devices;
- Carry out configuration and administration of one or more system and security technologies;
- Provide SME to impact evaluations and proposed solutions for NCIRC Change Requests;
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions
- Able to work to management direction, independently and/or as an active participating member of a multi-national and multi-skilled team;
- Able to self-manage routine (e.g. Daily, Weekly or Monthly) tasks completing then reliably to the required format, standards and schedule;
- Able to proportionately plan and effectively communicate approach, risks and/or impacts of tasks as applicable to both the company and stakeholders;
- Able to apply a logical and methodical approach to problem solving balancing expertise, initiative and collaboration to achieve the most efficient resolution of issues;
- Able to understand and ensure all work is carried out within mandatory constraints such as Incident, Change and Configuration Management (e.g. ITIL framework processes);
- Able to remain flexible and adaptable to changing operational status and emerging priorities;
Candidates for this company must:
• Hold or be able to obtain, National & NATO Security Clearance (e.g. UK SC/NS & UK DV/CTS)/
• Understand the constraints of working in secure environments with protectively marked media.
• Hold a valid passport from a NATO Member country.
• Be eligible and able to undertake business travel throughout Europe.
• Be able to represent the company in an International mixed Civilian and Military environment.
• Be able communicate effectively in English (though not necessarily as a first language).
• Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS).
• Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level).
• Knowledge of network technologies to a minimum of CCNA/JNCIA standard and the ability to implement and maintain complex network topologies.
• Expert level of experience supporting and configuring firewall devices including Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
• Expert level of experience with central VPN installation, including maintenance and troubleshooting with IDS and Firewall technologies, such as Checkpoint firewalls and Juniper VPNs.
• Expert level of experience in implementation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco routing and switching equipment.
• Experience supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems.
• Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems. Including security hardening of networking devices.
• Experience of network monitoring such as SolarWinds.
• PKI technologies & implementation of certificate-based solutions.
• Virtual environment architectures and tools.
• Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl / PowerShell
• Previous experience of working within secure / isolated / air gapped environments.
Contracted out of the company’s UK site in Bristol, you will enjoy an exceptionally comprehensive overseas international assignment package including:
• International Premium Payment: An annual Tax-Free payment equal to 15% of the Home Salary on initial departure overseas and thereafter on successful completion of each year.
• Relocation Services: A premium service to assist with expatriation (e.g. housing, school search, shipping, bank accounts, utilities etc) and repatriation at the end of the assignment for employee and family where accompanied.
• Accommodation allowance: minimum £800pcm (increasing dependant on family size) for Belgian accommodation (or managed service apartments subject to availability).
• International Health Insurance: Award winning cover for employee and family including dental.
• Personal Travel Fund: Up to £5000pa claimable for returning to the UK for home visits.
• Tax Support: Tax equalisation scheme [i.e. no different to being in the UK] plus specialist tax advice and services covering both UK and Belgian taxation.
• Shift / Call-Out / Overtime premiums dependant on eligibility of the specific role.
For an informal chat or to apply for this position. Please contact Jonny Duggan on email@example.com or phone 01908 886 038.