Job Title: Network Design & Implementation Engineer (Grade E)
Working Pattern: Full-time, normal office hours, some flexibility of working hours will be required
Working within a secure network environment alongside other Network Engineers in order to provide consultancy, create designs and carry out Implementation activities as part of major project deliveries. Work closely with project Teams on a variety of projects taking information from initial customer Proposals/specifications and turning them into completed design documentation.
Implement configuration changes across different types of network devices deployed across an enterprise estate based on approved design/change documentation.
Production of implementation steps.
- Implement network activities based on approved and scheduled changes.
- Ensure allocated workflow is kept up to date within a work management system.
- Liaise and work with project contacts directly if required.
- Attend project review/technical meetings and represent the Design & Implementation part of the organisation.
- Deliver to challenging timescales.
- Share and pass on knowledge/experience of relevant networking
- Products services technologies.
- Actively facilitate the development of other team members.
- Working within a networking technical environment.
- Design principals and being able to turn proposals/specifications into approved design documents.
- Significant experience in using Cisco devices, principally switches, routers, load-balancers and VPN concentrators
- Experience in using other vendor devices, principally switches and wireless devices.
- Experience of other network technologies.
- Experience in using various firewall devices such as Fortinet FortiGATE, McAfee Sidewinder, Cisco ASA and Nokia Checkpoint.
- Understanding and application of firewall security and policies.
- Experience in WAN optimisation.
- Experience of configuring Cloud technologies, AWS, Azure and Oracle.
- Extensive experience of troubleshooting network issues in both office base and data centre environments.
- You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed programme of work with little day to day detailed direction
- Ability to absorb levels of detailed technical information and turn that into a clear Network Design proposals, which you will be able to implement.
- Ability to work to the finest level of detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards.
- Ability to work with third-party suppliers.
- Ability to deliver under significant pressure and to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to a changing workload profile and demonstrate full flexibility of your approach.
- Focussed on delivering the highest quality to our customer.
- Able to work as a member of a wider team.
- Able to demonstrate good analytical problem solving experience.