Network Deployment Engineer - 4 Months - Network Segregation, End-User Deployment
Great opportunity to work for an expanding Global Business to act as the subject matter expert and primary liaison/contact on site; bridging the gap between the business users and technical solution providers.
A FTSE 100 company with operations in 48 countries. The UK’s largest and most progressive marketer of food, drink and energy industry co-products. They operate some of the most advanced research in their market and boast some well known household brands. They are highly reliant on data, systems and workflows to meet their business objectives.
As Network Deployment Engineer you will play a crucial role within the business, providing support to the team responsible for segregating external networks from the corporate networks.
The business is highly reliant on data, systems and workflows to meet their business and manufacturing objectives. It will be your responsibility to understand these business needs and help to deliver solutions that meet the need of the business as well as ensuring compliance to security policy.
You will be key to the deployment of new End-User PC devices to support the new segregated solutions; you’ll configure the Windows Operating System and other software components. As well as migrating data from older platforms.
- Experience of networking principles and associated hardware installations.
- Experience of being the project “Technical Lead” on-site; providing support and guiding 3rd Party suppliers and ensuring tasks are completed in the correct (logical) order.
- Working knowledge and understanding of principles for WAN / LAN / VLANS /PC / CCTV / IP phones
- Experience of Windows PC workgroups and defining these. Also managing local users within these groups
- The ability to record, track, document and communicate relevant installations and configurations.
- The ability to read and understand technical specifications / plans and produce a task-list
- Logical approach to structured cabling and patching. The ability to trace and re-patch cabling
- Strong analytical skills required with ability to analyse complex problems, interpret operational needs, identify creative/practical solutions and develop new procedures where required.
- Networking Qualification (Such as CCNA, or CompTIA Network+)
- Proven ability to communicate, construct and maintain excellent documentation with varying levels of detail targeted at different stakeholders.
Broad IT knowledge with the ability to identify a range of IT/IS devices.
- Knowledge of working in a factory/production environment
-For immediate consideration, please apply today.