The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 23 countries, over 185 locations, with over 150 employees. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
The Network Analyst’s role is to support the network systems across the enterprise This includes configuring and troubleshooting the primary & secondary data centre core networks all local and wide area network connections.
Working within the team to provide timely and effective resolutions to incidents and changes to maintain a global data and voice network.
Reports to: Network Operations Team Leader
• Use monitoring and analytical tools to maintain a robust data network.
• Investigate and resolve complex network issues across multiple continents.
• Work with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues if required.
• Raise appropriate change control requests.
• Maintain technical documentation.
• Working with our customers to understand their needs.
• Fulfilling our customer requirements whilst meeting SLAs.
• Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, WiFi, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP across a diverse estate.
• Exposure to network management and analysis tools, including Castle Rock
• Experience working in a switched and routed environment.
• Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
• Experienced at configuring switches, routers etc.
• Exposure to Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls and other network security measures.
• Knowledge of VOIP systems.
• Knowledge of WAN optimisers (Riverbed).
• Knowledge of Alteon and Netscaler load balancers.
• Knowledge of Solarwinds modules.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Education & Certification:
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience
• Certification for any of the following, Avaya/Nortel, Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Checkpoint, ITIL v3 Foundation.
This role requires the successful applicant to be available for on-call availability for 7 days per month, with the need to be available to work till midnight one week in four.
There will also be the occasional site visits UK wide and to Europe so a UK Driving licence is preferred.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity or would like to apply then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038or email email@example.com.