Job Title: NCIRC Technical Support Engineer
Location: Mons, Belgium
Salary: £neg. depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for the NCIRC Full Operation Capability (FOC) infrastructure, for all user support requests. This is a central role that supports the full ITIL process flow, which includes an extensive range of services and stakeholders, in a Fastpaced challenging environment. The candidate will be required to provide customer support, service and technical support through analysis and incident resolution. The successful candidate must be proactive and diligent with a good technical ability.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Logging all relevant Incident and Service Request details, allocating categorisation and prioritisation codes, initiated by phone, email or web portal.
- Providing Firstline investigation and diagnosis, resolving if possible.
- Escalating Incidents/Service Requests to support teams when required to ensure resolution within agreed timescales.
- Communication with users keeping them informed of Incident progress, notifying them of impending changes.
- Liaising with the customer to coordinate closure of resolved Incidents, requests and other calls.
- Updating the CMS under direction and approval of Configuration Management.
- Process development across the facility following a continuous improvement approach.
- Supporting the maintenance of the Service Catalogue in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Reporting against KPI’s and providing data for the production of management reports.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
Qualifications / Experience
- Related qualification such as BTEC (Edexcel) National Certificate and Diploma for IT Practitioners.
- ITIL qualified to at least Foundation Level.
- Prepared to become SC and DV cleared.
- Experience of working within technically complex environments or on a project with multiple participants.
- Experience of IT service management best practices such as ITIL.
- Proven experience in an IT support role
- Familiar with Windows Server architectures
- Knowledge in software and hardware firewalls
- Active Directory Management
- Centralised AntiVirus management.
- Microsoft Exchange Administration.
- Networked Printers
- Networking Fundamentals (switching/cabling/DHCP)
- Mobile Technology (Blackberry deployment)
- Must be able to interpret customer issues in order to resolve or escalate as appropriate, in line with corporate standards, SLA’s and departmental work instructions, to ensure minimal disruption to users.
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic ability to determine best use of technology in order to resolve issues in an efficient and effective way.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), ideally with experience of liaising with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to work within a team and to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to provide an efficient and effective 1st Line technical support service, whilst building trust and inspiring confidence with all users.
- Must be capable of communicating clearly with team members and other analysts. Able to demonstrate reading, writing and spoken English to NATO IS level III as a minimum. (B1 of the Council of Europe/Association)
- Operational knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA) and their delivery.
- Understanding of technical trends within the ICT industry and how modern technology can be harnessed to enhance the delivery of services.
- Experience of Cyber related tool technologies such as SIEMs, NIPS, FPC, or Malware Analysis.
- Ability to manage workload for themselves in pressurised environments to Time, Quality and Standards?
- A personable and flexible individual, who is willing to work as part of an international and culturally diverse team in a highly focused and demanding environment?
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and nontechnical audience?
- Security clearance CTS required?
- A motivated, selfmanaged individual who can demonstrate flexibility and innovation to a constantly evolving and improving service with the aptitude to learn new skills?
Intrinsic Job Factors
This is an officebased project role using a variety of equipment including display screen equipment, working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment? based overseas, infrequent travel may be required both to the UK throughout mainland Europe.
For immediate consideration please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886030 or email email@example.com