Job Title: NCIRC Technical Support Engineer
Location: Mons, Belgium
Salary: £neg. depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
The successful candidate will operate within a highly specialised engineering team responsible for the ongoing systems engineering of the NCIRC infrastructure and the various technical cyber security services which run on it. You will work with the operational support team to rectify issues, identify and carry out preventative scheduled maintenance tasks and under stringent change control, review the network designs, security functions and accreditation of the NCIRC infrastructure. As part of the service that NCIRC delivers to the wider NATO stakeholders, you will be involved in the evaluation, implementation and testing of NATO network security architectures and providing advice to enhance security. The role includes primarily hands on implementation tasks with some design work in support of the other system support engineering staff. The successful candidate must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability. The current projects will require an awareness of Cyber capabilities and an understanding of enabling security lockdown and controls to ensure system accreditation at all times.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Work closely with the technical support desk in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems?
- Provide software and hardware auditing to ensure compliance with NATO policies and directives?
- Initiate, define and develop secure solutions ensuring the availability and continuity of services for the complete NCIRC core CIS?
- System implementation across several work threads, providing both operational support and implementation activities?
- Provide significant specialist technical input to the Business unit supporting future project or programme work (Potential involvement in bid development/evaluation)
Skills, Qualifications & Skills
- High level of experience and expert knowledge of complex and secure Microsoft based multisegment TCP/IP network infrastructure including Active Directory and MS Server2003/2008 operating systems and associated services and hardware?
- Expert level of experience with Enterprise Management Systems such as Active Directory, Group Policy, MS WSUS, ePO and MS SCCM,
- Expert level of experience in the development, enhancement and implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems?
- High level of experience in deploying and supporting Microsoft IIS and SharePoint Server/MOSS Infrastructures?
- High level of experience and expert knowledge of MS Exchange and message systems including content filtering technologies and mail AntiMalware applications.
- High level of experience and good knowledge of backup software and applications such as Symantec Backup Exec and Netbackup ?
- High level of knowledge and experience in deploying and supporting virtual environment architectures and tools?
- High level experience and knowledge of implementing and maintaining system monitoring tools such as Solarwinds?
- High level of experience in crypto methodology PKI technologies & implementation of certificate based solutions?
- Experience supporting and configuring other common network device such as firewalls, routers and switch devices.
- Experience with central VPN installation, maintenance and troubleshooting with IDS and Firewall technologies, supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team?
- Ability to manage workload for themselves in a pressurised environment to Time, Quality and Standards?
- A personable and flexible individual, who is willing to work as part of an international and culturally diverse team in a highly focused and demanding customer facing environment?
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and nontechnical audience?
- Hold DV level security clearance?
- Motivated individual with the aptitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills?
- Happy to work on International Assignment embedded in customer location in mainland Europe
Intrinsic Job Factors
This is an office based project role using a variety of equipment including display screen equipment, working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment? based overseas, infrequent travel may be required to the UK and throughout mainland Europe. The role will also require the individual to serve as an out of hours on call engineer on a rotating basis.
If you are interested in hearing more or applying for this role then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email email@example.com