NCIRC Network Engineer
£neg depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
The role demands a high level of proficiency working with Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto vendor devices, routing/switching/VPN/firewall protocols, and excellent customer-facing communication skills at both a technical and non-technical level. The role includes primarily hands-on operational support tasks, with some implementation work. The successful candidate must be proactive and diligent with a strong technical ability. The current projects will also require an awareness of wider infrastructure (Windows, Linux, VMWare) & Cyber Security technologies, and experience with implementing security lockdown controls to achieve system accreditation.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Network implementation across several work threads, providing both operational support and implementation activities.
- Execution of work packages for the Business Unit supporting the project or programme.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems.
- Expert level of experience supporting and configuring firewall devices including Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
- Expert level of experience with SSL & IPSec VPN configuration & troubleshooting, with devices such as Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA.
- High level of experience supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems such as Cisco Firepower.
- Expert level of experience in implementation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco routing and switching equipment.
- High level of experience and expert knowledge of complex and secure Microsoft based multi-segment TCP/IP network infrastructure including Active Directory and MS Server 2008/2012 operating systems and associated services and hardware.
- High level of experience in the development, enhancement and implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems. Including security hardening of networking devices.
- High level of hands-on demonstrable experience in troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems.
- High level experience of network monitoring such as Solarwinds.
- High level of experience in crypto methodology - PKI technologies & implementation of certificate-based solutions.
- Knowledge in deploying and supporting virtual environment architectures and tools.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage workload for themselves in pressurised environments to Time, Quality and Standards.
- A personable and flexible individual, who is willing to work as part of an international and culturally diverse team in a highly focused and demanding environment.
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audience;
- CTS security clearance required.
- Motivated individual, who has the aptitude to learn new skills.
- Ability to work on International Assignment embedded in customer location in mainland Europe.
Intrinsic Job Factors
- This is an office-based project role using a variety of equipment including display screen equipment, working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment; travel will be required in mainland UK and throughout Europe.