This is an exceptional opportunity to work for one of the World's leading consumer brands. They are looking for a National Account Manager with experience of manging accounts with large retailers at head office level.
The successful candidate will be field based and will live in London or the South East, you will be required to travel to our clients UK head office in Bedfordshire 1-2 days per week.
As a National Account Manager you will be responsible for maintaining relationships and seeking further opportunities within your existing client base. You will also provide high quality feedback to help develop new products and solutions for these markets
- To manage the key retail customers for their range of products. e.g. pricing audits, customer presentations, internal file management, product launches and category management / promotional initiatives.
- Work with the Business Manager to make sure the key KPI’s are being met within the accounts above.
- Working with the relevant buyers within the accounts, to present new products to the buyers/managers/marketing depts. within the account portfolio
- Maximise the account profit via effective negotiation and the implementation of a promotional sales budget, retail promotion plan, and category management initiatives.
- Continually explore and drive new business opportunities within the accounts.
- New customer development, allocation of time to look for new opportunities from all of our current customers as well as in new or emerging sectors.
- Develop a good understanding of the account and the market structure
- Build strong relationships at all levels within the accounts.
- Regular store audits to ascertain company's and competitor pricing/promotions
- Maintenance of pricing and forecasting files
- Regular reports and presentations to show market trends and opportunities
- Utilise SAP and work with the CSG and Logistics dept to track sales orders vs. customer service levels. Work with the teams to investigate and solve delivery issues.
- Attend Head Office meetings plus co-ordinate any ad hoc projects e.g. training, in-store marketing, sales reports and promotional events
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience within a National Account Management environment for a consumer brand
- Experience working with large retailers at head office level
- Graduate calibre with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong commercial acumen coupled with good negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Highly motivated and target driven
- Full UK drivers licence
In return our client is offering a salary to £40,000 with performance related bonus, company car/allowance and an excellent benefits package.