MS BI Report Developer - 3 month contract - Oxfordshire
MS Business Intelligence Report Developer is required by this company who are one of the world’s leading publishers of books and eBooks and other associated products – based in Oxfordshire.
You will be joining the Research & Analytics team. This new role is tasked with helping the business to track performance, identify new revenue opportunities, support evidence-based sales pitches, and inform key business decision making, through the development of insightful dashboards & reports and the production of complex ad-hoc analysis.
- Working with wider Research & Analytics team and business stakeholders to identify, scope, document and develop key analytics and business intelligence (BI) opportunities
- Develop reporting that offers end-users an easy and intuitive way to interact with their data, to spot the pieces of information most critical to their jobs and to act on them immediately. To include dashboards, heat and geographic maps with drill-down and drill-through capability, actionable key performance indicators (KPIs), automatic report scheduling and business alerts.
- Engaging in full report development life-cycle including Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Support.
- Maximizing reporting performance
- Pulling & cleaning data from business systems and other sources using languages such as SQL and Python, to produce ad-hoc analysis based on business requirements.
- Delivering insights
- SQL programming - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
- BI visualization tools – e.g. PowerBI (ideal option) or Tableau, Cognos
- Python/R (desirable)
- Experience interacting with Microsoft data/analytics stack: Azure, HDInsight, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse would be distinct advantage.
The position is based in Oxfordshire and will be for an initial 3 month period.