Our client are looking for an experienced MS System Administrator to work full-time with their customer based in Belgium on an initial 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for:
-The design and implementation of Microsoft Exchange infrastructure solutions and driving deployment to improve availability and increase / consolidate services.
-Design solutions including server/system scalability, availability, disaster recovery, monitoring, and security.
-Design and build of enterprise servers, virtualization, and storage systems, inclusive of technology selection, vendor engagement/quoting, hands on build, and transfer to operations processes.
-Evaluate and implement system solutions to meet business and system requirements.
-Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet business and system requirements.
-Provide technical guidance or support for development or troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange infrastructure systems, virtualization, and storage.
-Complete models, simulations, and proof of concepts, using manual or automated methods, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
-Analyse risks and proactively report problems and suggest solutions.
-Maintain up to date documentation.
-Maintain working knowledge of current industry trends, techniques, and tools.
-Create, maintain, and improve departmental policies and procedures.
-Attend change & problem management meetings as needed.
- Sound knowledge of email service support for NATO deployed environment.
- Proficient with and working knowledge of server hardware/software, deployed in data center and cloud/virtualization environments, following best practices.
- Proficient with designing, implementing, maintaining Microsoft products and technologies, in particular Microsoft Exchange Infrastructure.
- Experience with virtualization technologies and their associated management platforms and concepts.
- Experience with public/private cloud concepts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively communicate and display architectural designs and implementation choices.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments, often within limited time constraints.
- Ability to interact with internal and external personnel at all organizational levels.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in defining, implementing, and validating Microsoft Exchange infrastructure solutions
- 5 - 7 years of experience in systems management of medium to large scale, full ilifecycle server/storage/virtualization infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems, including enterprise class servers,operating systems, storage, and virtualization.
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or NATO Secret clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email (01908 030 130 / email@example.com)