Linux Systems Administrator - Based in Northampton, this innovative automotive company see technology at the heart of their customer experience. With a huge web presence they have some unusual and interesting technical challenges.
They are looking for a highly talented Systems Administrator to join the team who are responsible for the provisioning, operation and support of the development, test and production environments, and the company enters a period of considerable growth.
You will also support the build automation for deployments from development to test and production by working closely with the development team. You will be responsible for defining the security, patching and upgrade plans of the infrastructure to ensure we provide a stable and secure environment for internally developed applications.
Key responsibilities / Duties
* Work with the development team to define, deploy and support the environments required for development, test and production.
* Define, deploy and manage security, patching and upgrade policies
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify possible intrusions
* Perform daily system monitoring for resources, logs and accesses
* Support team in resolving technical issues and challenges
* Document the configurations and policies in place
* Provide second line support for the infrastructure working with our help desk
* An experiences Unix/Linux systems administrator with at least 5 years’ experience.
* A proven track-record of managing virtualised environments.
* An in-depth knowledge of Ubuntu or similar variant of Linux at server level
* Proficient in VMWare for VM templating, provisioning and maintenance.
* Experienced with system monitoring solutions, i.e. PRTG, Nagios
* An understanding of version management, i.e. git, subversion
* A good communicator and documenter of processes.
* A strong team member and player.
As a thriving successful company, these guys are very selective about whom they employ and the Systems Admin role is an important position within the organisation. As a growing and performing business they can certainly help you fulfil your career aspirations. They are absolutely committed to making sure that you have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what you are doing and that you are rewarded for your achievements.