Contract Type: Permanent
Title: Lead Systems Engineer (IDAS)
Our Luton team is looking for experienced Systems Engineers who have the proven ability and experience to lead the development of current and next generation airborne EW RF DAS products.
Working within a multi-disciplined team, you will lead the systems design and development of IDAS systems to be installed on a variety of (primarily) rotary platforms. Your responsibility will span multiple projects and require you to carefully manage the needs of your multiple customers, whilst managing the workload of your team to enable successful delivery across the multiple projects.
Key Responsibility Areas
You should be familiar with working across the full product lifecycle and have a strong aptitude for leadership, problem-solving and decision-making, and the ability to cope with significant levels of design complexity and uncertainty.
You should have experience of people management and technical leadership, as well as the proven ability to deliver to agreed cost, schedule, and quality performance targets. Your role will require you to develop excellent working relationships with customers and suppliers and therefore an element of travel within the UK and abroad is to be anticipated.
We will support your continuing professional development with both formal and informal training opportunities.
We work in a modern, flexible environment that aims to accommodate your personal needs wherever possible.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You should have as a minimum an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related scientific discipline, alongside proven experience of:
- Leading the product design, development and delivery of airborne EW RF DAS systems
- EW RF DAS products and technologies, both current and emergent
- Influencing requirements and design decisions, both internally and within a customer environment
- Experience of working across the full engineering lifecycle for multiple products / platforms / customers
- Tailoring, implementing and leading engineering lifecycle processes and reporting on key measures
- Significant team leadership and mentoring
- Planning and coordination of personnel and technical activities
- Working with and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and executing engineering plans, including the capture and management of risk
- Provision of cost/schedule estimates and performing peer review for others
- Manage and deliver WPs to cost, schedule, and quality requirements, iaw engineering processes and engineering plans
- Participating in the engineering design review process as an authority or independent assessor
- Manage the workload and performance of team members
- Manage the Team’s capability provision (size/skill/experience)
- Support Team/Function growth via recruitment or related activities
- Actively support knowledge sharing and exploitation of best practice