Lead Software Architect - Salary DOE
If you are a professional software architect, able to use your initiative to create innovative software solutions and have an enthusiasm for technical leadership this is a great opportunity to bring your talents to our world class facility and form a key part of this company’s future.
In your role you will be considered a subject matter expert for embedded real time software development. You will have responsibility for the design and implementation of the software technical solution, making engineering decisions and mitigating technical risk to ensure development teams follow agreed technical architecture and development methodologies.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline and meet the requirements for registration as an Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council.
- Extensive Real Time Embedded development experience using a Real Time OS (RTOS).
- Some experience of architecting Real Time Embedded software solutions.
- Knowledge and implementation of SOLID design principles and recognised design patterns to increase reusability.
- Proficiency in refactoring, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
- Expertise in designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
- Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture and requirements definition.
- Knowledge of the latest continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Demonstrable experience and success within your previous role, including taking responsibility for remaining up-to-date with relevant technology and personal development.
- Support the development and enhancement of business processes by evaluating technologies, developing processes and supporting best-practice.
- Actively contribute to Technology Forums and support internal lunchtime seminars
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.