MI Support Engineer – full training and progression, excellent company to work for
Our client has become a pioneer in imaging and information technology, they've become a global presence known for innovation in healthcare, graphic arts, optical devices, highly functional materials and other high-tech areas.
This role will be based from their Bedford head-office and will be responsible for providing remote 1st and 2nd line IT, PACS, and integration support to customers. The role is targeted at developing talent for succession planning in to Medical Systems Support Engineer and Project Engineers roles. As such the role will spend time in the field learning about their products and assisting the project teams with installs/deployments.
They are not looking for the successful candidate to have any previous experience in either PACS (Picture Archiving Communication System) or the healthcare industry, therefore this is a great opportunity for someone to receive training and development in this field.
- Provide first point of contact, ownership and escalation as required to customer incoming incidents including both software and hardware
- Provide on-site support for service incidents as resourced by the Technical Manager
- Prioritise workload to meet the customers SLAs and business demands
- Update Service Director and other business tools such as Brainkeeper in a timely manner
- Perform customer upgrades including hardware
- Providing support for new deployments working with the Professional Services team.
- Perform Monitoring and maintenance of existing systems - Performing regular checks of system health and following up any issues.
- Provide support for deployment projects - provide support for new and existing projects being undertaken.
- Own and resolve incidents involving 3rd party products including gaining knowledge of these products, logging incidents with 3rd party service desks and managing the resolution of these incidents
- Own and resolve hardware failures – Diagnosing and resolving hardware failures with support of 3rd party hardware suppliers
- Liaising with the customer support team on incoming calls and updates
- Provide technical input into customer quotations as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, IT Networks, Information Systems, Computer Network (or related degree).
- VMware experience and/or MSCE/MCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident with high levels of motivation, drive and enthusiasm
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Full UK driving licence
Salary: £25,000 (with flexibility up to £30,000 if previous PACS experience)
Benefits: 10% Performance Bonus + Pension (6% Employer Contribution, 3% Employee Contribution) + Private Medical Cover + Life Assurance + 25 days holiday (exclusive of bank holidays).