Junior Active Defence Analyst
£23,000 + bonus
This role was previously filled and due to the growth of the company they are now looking at an additional candidate to join the Active Defence team!
About the Company
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
Reporting to the Active Defence team leader, the Junior Active Defence Analyst is responsible for the support of the vulnerability and patch defense strategy across all platforms managed by the service centre. The Junior position is an entry into the ADT team and there will be an expectation to grow and move into an ADT Anaylst role after meeting skill set requirements and becoming an SME in one of the service lines after a period of time within the team.
The service operates on a 24/7 basis and as such shift work may be an element of this role.
- Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system within Service Level Agreements.
- Support and development of the Active Defence service lines which include Microsoft SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Protection, MBAM, LAPS, Client and Server Hardening and application patching
- To create and maintain management reports to highlight non-compliant endpoints with creation and management of remedial activity in all toolsets.
- To create, implement and maintain processes to improve and automate the talk back of clients to their management servers to facilitate accurate reporting.
- To establish and maintain a rolling baseline for endpoints under management taking feeds from multiple inputs.
- Creation and maintenance of work instructions for the team’s remit.
- Development and execution of the patching strategy to all managed endpoints.
- Ensuring Base Image builds both server and clients are kept in line with the current patch level and manage the deployment of these.
- Understanding of Windows Server and Client environments.
- Knowledge of any of the service line tools. These being Microsoft SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Protection, LAPS and Client and Server security heardening.
- Previous experience of a vulnerability management tool in an operational environment would be an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar SLA driven role
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
- Proven Customer service Skills.
- Knowledge / experience in the following technologies.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Windows Workstation 7/8/8.1/10
- Patch Management
- Symantec Endpoint Protection or similar Anti Virus product
- Basic networking.
- IBM AIX/ Linux
- Good knowledge of VMWare
- Microsoft enterprise solutions: Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, and other core software solutions and their related security concerns.
- Have intermediate level understanding of security tool strengths and weaknesses and ability to select, configure, troubleshoot and use the best tool for the job.
- Have intermediate level knowledge of cyber security threats and techniques used by adversaries to compromise systems, both technical and non-technical techniques.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role please feel free to contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or email@example.com