ITEA Manager – Basildon, Essex
Integration, Test and Acceptance (ITEA) Manager/Systems Engineer responsible for the development and execution of the Integration Test and Acceptance activities ensuring the System meets the customer requirements.
- Work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability and exercise substantial personal responsibility and autonomy.
- Plan their own work to meet given objectives and processes and influence their team and specialist peers internally.
- Make decisions that influence the success of projects and team objectives and perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
- Capable of selecting appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving, communicating fluently orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Plan, schedule and monitor their work to meet time and quality targets and in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures, rapidly absorbing new technical information and applying it effectively.
- Requirements verification/validation analysis of the System/sub system.
- Management of requirements traceability.
- Preparation of System/Subsystem Test and Integration Specifications.
- Collate and present test evidence captured during test activities to enable customer acceptance.
- Participation in Project design review milestones as part of the Project development and test processes.
- Management of test baselines including the planning and execution of Integration and Test schedules.
- Participation in informal and formal qualification activities including the preparation of Integration, Test and Acceptance Test Plans and Procedures, Acceptance Test Reports and Verification Cross Reference Matrices as part of the Integration, Verification, Validation, and Qualification phase of Project.
- Execute the defined integration, Test and Acceptance activities.
- Management of the integration, Test and Acceptance activities in accordance with the project schedule
- Work with multiple stakeholders to establish Integration, Test and Acceptance activities.
- Alerting and escalating technical issues to the System Design Authority as required.
- Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge Required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline.
- General understanding of complex system integration, test and acceptance programmes
- Awareness of formal user requirements capture, traceability and compliance management methodology and tool.
- Experience of IBM DOORS tool is desirable.
- Knowledge of System engineering lifecycle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to team members, Design Authorities and varying levels of senior management.
- General understanding of Systems Engineering activities on multiple applications/projects.
- General understanding of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
- Good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels within the organisation and externally.
- Cost and Schedule planning Awareness.