Job Title: IT Support Team Leader
This company is an award winning city law firm. We build lasting relationships with public and private sector clients. The purpose is to provide the very highest quality of service to our clients whilst enabling our people to achieve professional fulfilment in a supportive, inclusive and enjoyable working environment.
To provide the very highest quality of service together with relevant, innovative technology which enables our internal clients to provide the service our external clients require from a law firm at the forefront of technical innovation.
Department Strategic Value and Objectives
The IT Department exists to support the firm in operating its business. The IT Department and IT Systems are fundamental to the firm's business, and must support the firm in achieving its strategic objectives: but the IT Systems, and in particular the IT Department, also must reflect the way the firm wishes to be seen by clients and other third parties, and wishes to treat all its staff.
Lead the Service Team in delivering support and assistance to the firm's users. Ensure the timely and accurate recording and processing of Incidents; Service Requests and How Do I queries raised to the Service Desk. Run the reporting process to provide accurate and informative data to the IT Support and Training Manager
- Embody and demonstrate the values of the firm and the department in all ways of working.
- Take ownership for customer service standards on a case by case basis ensuring all users are provided with the highest possible level of customer service
- Coach and mentor the Support analysts by conducting regular, objective focussed, regular 1-2-1s
- Actively seek out and enable opportunities for development for team members.
- Co-ordinate, review and sign-off of transition of new services into support such that the Support Desk can provide necessary support to customers from go-live, including the creation of KBs and training of Analysts.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to reduce the need for customers to contact the Support Desk.
- Co-ordinate the day to day activities and manage the shift rota to help ensure SLA targets and KPIs are met
- Ensure all calls are logged in the Service Desk Management System as they are taken
- Ensure the call log is kept up to date and calls are completed with appropriate detail
- Ensure team members issue regular call updates to manage client expectations
- Ensure the Service Desk teams open and pending queries are monitored throughout each day through to timely closure/resolution
- Encouraging team members to visit users when appropriate to resolve an issue
- Oversee the escalation of queries to appropriate team members and other teams in the department where necessary and monitoring progress thereafter
- Act as a point of escalation for team members and IT management.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly MI to IT management and used this data to drive the right performance and behaviour in the team.
- Curate the Service Desk Knowledge Base, actively add and update articles to ensure relevance and quality
- Report to the Lead Trainer potential training needs identified by queries logged
- Lead the continued development of the Service Desk Management system
- Liaising with third party suppliers where appropriate to aid the investigation of issues
- To undertake other duties as deemed appropriate by IT Support and Training Manager
Person Specification – Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication; interpersonal skills and customer service skills
- Sound technical and application skills
- A flexible, natural leader with a 'can do' attitude.
- The ability to lead the team by example; demonstrating flexibility and proactivity to inspire and encourage these behaviours in team members
- The ability to coach and mentor team members
- Championing a culture of ownership, accountability and continual service improvement within the team
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Patient and friendly approach to dealing with users.
- Appetite to acquire and apply knowledge and develop skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.