Job Title: IT Support Analyst
This company is an award winning city law firm. We build lasting relationships with public and private sector clients. The purpose is to provide the very highest quality of service to our clients whilst enabling our people to achieve professional fulfilment in a supportive, inclusive and enjoyable working environment.
To provide the very highest quality of service together with relevant, innovative technology which enables our internal clients to provide the service our external clients require from a law firm at the forefront of technical innovation.
Department Strategic Value and Objectives
The IT Department exists to support the firm in operating its business. The IT Department and IT Systems are fundamental to the firm's business, and must support the firm in achieving its strategic objectives: but the IT Systems, and in particular the IT Department, also must reflect the way the firm wishes to be seen by clients and other third parties, and wishes to treat all its staff.
As part of the IT support team, the IT support analyst will provide telephone, remote and desk-side support to the firms user base in a demanding, fast-paced environment, ensuring that top class customer service is provided at all times.
- Speedy and courteous answering of calls and processing of email queries placed to the IT Service Desk
- Ensure high customer service standards are maintained on a case by case basis ensuring all users are provided with the highest possible level of customer service
- Deal with queries efficiently to help ensure SLA targets are met
- Log all calls in the Service Desk Management System as they are taken
- Ensure the call log is kept up to date and calls are completed with appropriate detail
- Issue regular call updates to manage client expectations and ensure clients are kept informed
- Proactively update calls and move open and pending calls on to closure on a daily basis
- Escalate queries to appropriate team members and other teams in the department where necessary and monitoring progress thereafter
- Ensure performance meets KPIs regarding call pick up times; call logging and updating through to closure.
- Seek to visit users where possible to resolve issues
- Ensure handover procedures to evening staff and from evening staff are followed
- To undertake other duties as deemed appropriate by IT Training and Service Desk Manager
Person Specification – Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sound technical and application skills
- Ability to maintain records (call log) accurately and thoroughly
- Appetite to acquire and apply knowledge and develop skills
- Flexible approach with a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure when dealing with high call volumes; willingness to go the extra mile to raise service levels
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Patient and friendly approach to dealing with users.
- Appetite to acquire and apply knowledge and develop skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.