IT Security Officer
Location: Birmingham (flexible working available)
Salary: up to £50,000
Exciting opportunity to join a respected security consultancy based in Birmingham that offers its employees, full training (recognised qualifications) and flexible working.
A recognised, award winning consultancy, they have many years of experience in providing information assurance and risk management services to central government departments, local authorities, emergency services and private sector organisations. They believe in building strong partnerships with clients and being seen as trusted security advisers.
- You will supervise the IT Security function, monitoring technical controls, detecting and responding to IT security incidents in support of the ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS). You will provide expert Security Architecture advice to Technical Architects and Project Managers. It is important to ensure implementation of pragmatic, proportionate, cost-effective cyber security controls. You will need to identify new and emerging technologies and evaluate how these can be used securely to improve communication. You will be responsible for the supervision of the IT Security Analysts including their training and development.
- This company is based south of Birmingham and easily commutable from Warwick, Worcester, Stratford upon Avon, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Leicester, Cheltenham. The role does require you to travel and therefore a full driving license is required.
- Subject matter expert in IT Security. Hold a degree in Information Security or equivalent qualification (such as: MSc Information Security, CISSP, CESG Certified Professional etc.) or have substantial practical experience in the information security arena.
- Proven ability in providing a high quality of service that meets stakeholder needs whilst remaining within legal and policy frameworks.
- Effective communication skills, dealing with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Deep technical understanding of IT systems and appropriate technical qualifications such as Security+, CEH, CCNA, MCSE etc. Must be familiar with Cloud and Mobile technologies.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity and trust when dealing with sensitive and classified information.
- SC Clearance
Why Should You Apply?
- Personal development (regular pay and performance reviews).
- Modern working environment & flexible working (after qualifying period).
- Opportunity to travel and work with a range of clients.
- Friendly & supportive environment.
- Latest tech.
If this position is of interest please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org