Our client are looking for an experienced and engaged IT Security Engineer to work full-time at their customer site in The Hague, Netherlands on an initial 2 month contract
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help drive forward an important security project for the customer.
The selected individual will be working alongside industry leading experts in Cyber Security while engaging with all levels of the business in order to carry out tasks.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working and engaging with large multinational projects, preferably in the defence sector and exceptional stakeholder management.
The full job description is as follows:
Location: Mons, Walloon Region, Belgium
NATO are looking for someone with big data and log collection experience, not so much a System Engineer, working on the backend system but working on the application layer (manipulating and analysing data and making sense out of that).
Initial contract to run till end of 2018, based full time in NATO SHAPE Mons, Belgium - very likely to be extended
The technical and practical expertise provided by this position is complementary to the engineering and development expertise of the A-grades in the cell. The output of the tasks executed by this position are in support the Cyber Security (CS) event monitoring and detection and for supporting CS Incident Management.
- Design and implement firewall and VPN solutions
- Design, implement and maintain firewall systems, firewall policies and VPN services
- Configure, design, evaluate, and integrate information security solutions
- Provision, implement, and maintain network security services per solution design
- Implement, and maintain network security policy, standards, and procedures.
- Monitor, analyse, and report metrics of network security solution
- Document network security infrastructure components
- Document policies and operating procedures
You MUST have as many of the following as possible - and each MUST be clearly highlighted on the CV:
- Knowledge of Database Maintenance and writing SQL (MySQL, PostreSQL, MSSQL)
- Experienced in writing scripts, preferably in Python
- Experienced in data manipulation and querying REST APIs
- Knowledge of Linux (administration, security, networking)
- Knowledge of networking and common TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of Windows and VMWare environments
- Experience with network security
- Experience integrating security solutions into firewall and VPN systems
- Experience writing security policy and procedures
- Understanding of network security monitoring
- Understanding of network security infrastructure (e.g. hardware, software, etc.)
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Knowledge in Arcsight Enterprise Security Manager and/or Logger
- Experienced in event log collection and correlation
Due to the nature of this client, individuals with a current NATO Clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.