IT Operations Manager
About the Company
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
Reporting to the Head of IT Operations, the IT Operations Manager has shared accountability for the delivery of the organisations core infrastructure services and achievement of the associated service levels.
The company operates a 24/7 service and as such shift work, on call and working extended hours is a key element of this role.
The role is accountable for the output of two operational teams that deliver network services and break fix services, monitoring, diagnosis and resolution of incidents and service requests to the company’s multiple Business Units.
This includes the development and automation of solutions and deliverables whilst maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas, network services, system and storage systems within two co-located third party Datacentres.
The IT Operations Manager will also work closely with the Senior Management Team and other areas of the business, such as PMO and Service in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation.
Strategy & Planning
- Support of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish service expectations and timeframes, and act as escalation point.
- Diagnose and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Oversee reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
- Support maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- Ensure that the appropriate security measures are followed in conjunction with Security Operations to protect the business data.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, and standards in support of service management.
- Work with vendors to maximise the investment made in tools and systems, oversee installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Working closely with the Head of IT Operations to ensure a cohesive approach to delivery of infrastructure operations management.
- Manage and set priorities for Network and Infrastructure Operations teams on a shift rotation basis.
- Practice IT configuration management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Disaster Recovery, ensure necessary processes and procedures are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of systems and services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to the business.
- Contribute to regular written and in-person communications with the Senior Management Team regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Strong supplier management skills to ensure effective management of 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure that the network and infrastructure technology platforms are kept secure and current to latest patch and firmware levels.
Ensure that Information Security risks within the business are being effectively managed by:
- Enforce company policy and standards on security matters.
- Maintaining awareness of current and emerging threats to the Corporate Infrastructure
- Reviewing the outcome of security risk assessments.
- Providing assurance to Senior Management regarding compliance to company policies and standards on security matters.
- Promoting security awareness initiatives and activities.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and\or 10 years related work experience.
- Certifications in current ITIL practices, formal technical certification advantageous.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong technical knowledge of network and systems operating systems, including Windows 2003 to Windows 2016, and any networking exposure would be advantageous.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Exchange/O365 and Microsoft messaging.
- Extensive experience of management of large scale Citrix deployments.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure security, including vulnerability management and demonstrable experience in the management of security incidents.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- Excellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Knowledge and experience of patch maintenance across a large and diverse estate
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Valid passport
- UK driving licence
- On-call availability
If you are interested in a conversation about this position then please give me a call on 01908 886 038 or email email@example.com.