Service Desk Analyst
Location - Northampton
Salary up to £28k (12mth FTC)
An exciting opportunity to work within a cutting edge technology environment at the heart of financial services sector. Reporting into the IT Operations Manager, your role as the Service Desk Analyst is primarily to monitor and operate all of the IT Operations systems, following correct procedures, alerts, job instructions and actions.
You will be managing all incidents correctly, including effective communication, updates and escalation. To deliver an excellent service to all internal and external stakeholders, customers and clients, ensuring all SLA’s are met where required.
As the Service Desk Analyst the main products you will be expected to work with are SCOM, BIM, Control-M, Apps-Dynamics, and APG. T
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operate system job schedules using BMC Control M, Metalogic Supervisor and other scheduling products.
- Repair schedule issues where necessary.
- Operate systems using run sheets and other documented processes/procedures.
- Provide Service Desk function where required, including take calls, provide initial triage of incidents, repair or escalate and log all details in Remedy.
- Provide 1st line support function for a variety of systems, server infrastructure and application issues.
- Ensure that procedures and operating instructions for IT Operations are completed to the required standards and up to date.
- Create IT Ops processes and procedures where necessary.
- Assess designs and processes as part of project review work.
- Create and action Operational Acceptance testing plans.
- Where necessary input to projects by means of risk reviews, document reviews & meetings
- Monitor and action systems, server and application alerts
- Update monitoring systems and or stakeholders with comments/actions where necessary.
- Create innovative ideas to improve the way IT Operations runs.
- Assist planning for any changes which will involve IT Operations or affect service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A full understanding of all IT Operations tools, alerting and automation.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT systems.
- A full understanding of the incident management process.
- A good knowledge of Services and SLA’s.
- Ability to train others.
- Effective communication.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- ITIL knowledge.
- Teamwork and co-operations
- Strive for Excellence
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Customer Service Focus
- Risk and Control
An exciting time to join this financial institution, for immediate consideration please contact Sarah-Jane Taylor on 01908 886035