A Security Assurance Coordinator (SAC) is required to support ISS delivered projects. The SAC advises the Accreditor, Project Board, and other key stakeholders on the project and security issues and risks affecting the delivery and operation of a secure CIS system or service.
- Latest start date - Monday 24 July 2017
- Expected contract length - Contract until 22 December 2017 with extensions up to two years and 6 months
- Location – Corsham, Wiltshire
Who the specialist will work with
Civilian, Military and contractors within ISS.
What the specialist will work on
Contributing to the Security Assurance of security documentation and security relevant design documentation, the review / assurance of the required deliverables and assurance of the IA evidence in the form of documentation, processes, test plans, reports, and risk management activities to the SAC, SWG and accreditor to meet objectives defined in work packages and measured key deliverables and associated KPIs for ISS delivered projects.
Address where the work will take place
Various Locations within MOD Corsham
All tasking will take place from MOD Corsham and you are required 5 days a week, the working day is 8 hours to include 30 minutes for lunch. Day visits may be required to UK. Travel and subsistence will be provided for off-site working at MoD Civilian Rates. All resources will be provided and access to the organisation's IT system; no personal or company laptops will be permitted on site. No other expenses will be payable. No remote working permitted.
DV clearance must be in place prior to the contract starting due to the projects the individual is required to work with. DV status must be valid for the duration of the contract. SC, BPSS or Disclosure Scotland is not acceptable and the Authority will NOT sponsor Clearance.
Additional terms and conditions
Intermediaries legislation applies to this assignment (Inside IR35). The Authority WILL NOT sponsor SC Clearance, it must be in place and valid for the duration. Candidates who make the shortlist will be asked to provide a Work History, a template will be issued for this. Only T&S will be paid no other expenses. No remote working. Flexible start date for right candidate.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of providing technical security support on Government projects, working to HMG Policy - 10%
- Experience of working within MOD Security regime and understanding of security policy and requirements (JSP 440 etc) - 10%
- Experience of advising on the deployment of application and infrastructure security controls - 6%
- Demonstrable experience of working as a technical security SME within a project environment, using Agile methodologies - 5%
- Experience of working to MOD accreditation processes and liaising with MOD accreditors - 5%
- Experience of using DART to register and manage Targets of Accreditation - 5%
- Experience of identifying, recording and managing risk at programme and project level and then producing and maintaining risk documentation for use in system accreditation - 5%
- Experience of leading Security Working Groups as a way of managing project security risks - 5%
- Capable of managing compliance against security requirements - 5%
- Demonstrable ability to maintain strong relations with internal and external stakeholders - 5%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to translate technical and security aspects into coherent business terms - 5%
- Experience of scoping ITHC activity and remediating ITHC Recommendations - 5%
- Experience of information management procedures and processes at the very highest levels of UK security classification - 5%
- Knowledge and exposure to cloud environments and ensuring necessary security assurance is in place/obtained to offer assurance for OFFICIAL and above - 5%
- Holder of key security industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001 - 5%
- BSc / HND in ICT / Cyber / IA related discipline or equivalent - 5%
- Professional (ITPC) Member of the Institute of Information Security Professionals and/or British Computer Society - 5%
- Ex-CLAS - 4%