Interim Head of Role for Delivery Managers - DEFRA - 12 month contract
Who the specialist will work with
They will be ensuring all people performing the role of delivery manager across the Defra Group have the appropriate skills, as well as access to the right support, learning and development to perform the role of delivery management within agile teams delivering user focused services. They will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery manager community is active and brings measurable value to community members and the Defra Group.
What the specialist will work on
The Interim Head of role for Delivery Managers is focused on people development and growing the capability of delivery management across the Defra group. It is intended for someone who is a recognised expert in agile and lean practices, can nurture others to grow into great delivery managers and advocate for the role of delivery manager within a complex government organisation.
Address where the work will take place
Flexible ideally based in London, South West, North West with around 45% travel to other offices. Teams will be required to work across Defra's offices/ program areas, including Defra's arms-length bodies. Offices are geographically spread but work will be focused on support to London, Warrington, Bristol, Reading, Weybridge, Worcester and York.
5 days per week. Defra’s delivery is spread across the country, the successful candidate will need to travel to connect with those people that they support. Any business travel needed (i.e. visiting other locations) will be a claimable expense in accordance with the current Defra T&S policy
Essential skills and experience
- A recognised expert in the field of agile delivery management and have experience of a wide range of agile and lean approaches and techniques
- Have experience of supporting, leading and growing teams of delivery managers in an agile environment, including building a community of practice
- Have great interpersonal skills and be able to build credibility and influence across a range of stakeholders or a range of seniority
- Be confidently able to communicate the value of the delivery management role to digital and non-digital stakeholders
- Be a skilled team leader and demonstrate servant leader qualities
- Be familiar with digital within the UK government and the GDS service standard
- Have demonstrable experience of performance and people management
To apply please send a Word CV detailing your experience across agile delivery management, your ability to lead and develop agile delivery managers and Government Digital Services. Please also include your daily rate requirements and availability.
A short questionnaire will also need to be completed to be submitted for the role.