Interim Head of Cyber Security – Financial Services – Northampton
Our client are a leading financial services organisation operating transitioning to a Digital Payment Services, as such, they need to demonstrate confidence in the security of data and networked systems to guarantee they are more secure and more trustworthy that ever before.
Cyber threats continue to outpace traditional security mechanisms and our client commits to the delivery of a Cyber Security framework, based off industry best practice that places Cyber Risk management at the forefront of our business.
This role will be key in ensuring our clients can defend, detect and recover from all real and potential incidents without prejudice.
Relevant qualification CIMA/ACCA/MIIA/FCA or professional membership IRM, MBCI
- Industry recognised security qualification
- Confidence and positive influencing skills to engage with the clients leadership to initiate & lead conversations regarding current and emerging operational risks issues
- 5 years + experience in a senior Information Security / Cyber Risk role
- Demonstrable evidence of building, and embedding, Cyber Security Frameworks
- Strong relationship building and maintenance skills; gain buy-in, trust and understanding, able to influence and negotiate
- Experience of communicating complex issues to senior internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner. Able to bring people round through persuasion and explanation
- Strong knowledge and proven ability in Cyber Risk Management activities and techniques
- Drive and tenacity towards strong and effective delivery in a complex and demanding environment
- Comprehensive experience of independent planning and overcoming associated barriers to achievement
- Ability to connect and engage with all levels in the business and appropriately flex communication style to suit these varying audiences
- Strong engagement and interpersonal skills, able to hold cross functional leaders accountable for operational risk within their area of responsibility
- Ability to interpret and balance commercial issues while working to the Risk mandate
- Confident in facilitating Cyber Security based reviews involving both internal and external stakeholders
- Confident in presenting risk based management reports to senior management and senior external stakeholders
- Confident and able to building strong working relationships with direct team, internal and external customers
- Ability to assimilate and utilise new information, processes and training
- Ability to produce quality and timely management information reports
- Commitment to deliver and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction
- Embraces change and is able to influence and encourage others
- Effectively prioritises tasks to ensure delivery meets time critical deadlines
Day rate is negotiable
Length of contract 6 months initially
Work closely with ‘Operational’ management to ensure services and solutions are safe and secure in accordance with the Cyber policies and standards established by Cyber Risk
Design and put in place the Cyber Security capability (People, Process & Systems) to ensure the client can meet its on-going Cyber Security obligation – keeping the service safe and secure and all times and ensuring its alignment with their digital future
- Contract and deliver through internal or third parties relevant services to secure and monitor systems and data.
- Determine and manage our Cyber threats and risk by ensuring we have appropriate control and monitoring in place
- Support the business with providing incisive interventions and guidance to deal with any Cyber security events – both in terms of recovery and root cause resolution
- Test and educate the client on Cyber Threat defences and how best to prevent and deal with these
- Upskill the workforce to deliver Cyber Secure Solutions commensurate with the Digital Service offering
- Support the design of security into all system developments through effective engagement
- Provide Cyber Security subject matter expertise wherever necessary
- Bringing awareness of emerging cyber security agenda across the organisation
- The development and validation of a security strategy and plan in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Tracking progress and actions to be performed against the Cyber Security Plan
- Defining and ensuring improvements in security maturity;
- Creating the business case for security expenditure; and
- Developing work streams, securing approval, identifying resource (internal or external) to fulfil requirement.
- Provide objective, but constructive council to the EMT in relation to the Cyber Security matters.
- Consider merits of ISO 27001 certification for the business; (if applicable) Prepare and sponsor business case and plan to achieve compliance.
Fantastic position, you will need to successfully complete criminal and credit history background checks to undertake this role.