Interim Contracts Procurement Manager - Northampton
My client is recruiting for a 6-month interim, contracts specialist Procurement Manager, to manage the up and coming renewal of supplier contracts. You will be a commercially driven professional, with extensive experience in RFP’s in particular HR, Facilities, operations and ICT, with a strategic approach to sourcing and contract negotiation.
This role requires a proactive, methodical individual to hit the ground running in order to tackle specific projects, meeting agreed deadlines and budgets. Familiar with a fast-paced environment, you will have knowledge of the financial services or IT industry, with the ability to draw upon proven success on similar projects.
Proficient in the legality involved in supplier contracts, you will be responsible for leading on the decommissioning and termination of contracts. Ensuring that liability and indemnity areas are addressed in the review of existing and new supplier contracts and tenders.
- At least five years’ experience in procurement roles, preferably in financial services or ICT organisations.
- Broad category management experience including ICT and ideally HR.
- Experience of the full end-to-end procurement process including strategic sourcing, and the drafting, negotiation and management of strategic supplier contracts.
- Ability to influence and work alongside internal stakeholders at every level including 'C-suite' level executives.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- CIPS qualified.
- Draft, negotiate and execute appropriate contracts with suppliers ensuring consistency with standard terms.
- Review each supplier contract with business users to ensure terms remain up-to-date and fit for purpose, renegotiate terms and apply contract amendments and adjustments where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records for all applicable suppliers. Completing due diligence, segmentation, and risk assessment for all new suppliers prior to initial bidding process, contract, or order.
- Strategic sourcing for; ICT, facilities, HR and operational categories – ensuring best rates and terms over an agreed timescale applicable to your specific clients.
6 month initial contract