Our client are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Systems Engineer to work full-time at their customer site in Mons, Belgium on an initial 6 month contract.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help drive forward a number of important security & networking projects for the customer.
The selected individual will be working alongside industry leading experts in Cyber Security while engaging with all levels of the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working and engaging with large multinational projects, preferably in the defence sector and exceptional stakeholder management.
You will have strong all round technical abilities with a good working knowledge of network and systems infrastructure technologies.
- Work within a NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Operations and Maintenance team, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support the continual availability and improvement of NATOs global Cyber Defence systems;
- Carry out System implementation tasks across multiple work threads providing both operational support and project implementation activities;
- Work closely with the technical support desk in monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving complex technical infrastructure and system problems and carrying out system upgrades;
- Work proactively with other cyber security specialists and engineers to support, optimise and improve the suite of NCIRC system and security devices;
- Carry out configuration and administration of one or more system and security technologies;
- Provide SME to impact evaluations and proposed solutions for NCIRC Change Requests;
- Development of systems engineering artefacts, including documentation to support the delivery and maintenance of system solutions;
- Provide software and hardware auditing to ensure compliance with NATO policies and directives;
- Initiate, define and develop secure solutions ensuring the availability and continuity of services for the complete NCIRC core CIS;
- Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft based multi-segment TCP/IP network infrastructure including Active Directory and MS Server 2008/2012 operating systems and associated services and hardware.
- Development, enhancement and implementation of security settings relating to any of Cisco, Linux, Unix, Microsoft operating systems;
- Enterprise Management Systems such as Microsoft WSUS, SCCM and McAfee EPO
- MS Exchange and message systems including content filtering technologies and mail Anti-Malware applications.
- Microsoft IIS and SharePoint Server/MOSS Infrastructures;
- Experience and good knowledge of back-up software and applications such as Symantec Backup Exec and Netbackup ;
- Virtual environment architectures and tools;
- Experience and knowledge of implementing and maintaining system monitoring tools such as Solarwinds;
- PKI technologies & implementation of certificate-based solutions;
- Experience supporting and configuring other common network device such as firewalls, routers and switch devices.
- Experience supporting intrusion detection systems / intrusion prevention systems;
- Enterprise Networking & Services (TCP/IP Networks, devices & services (e.g. DHCP/DNS)
- Good understanding and interest in network protocols alongside the ability to troubleshoot network / system problems at a low level (packet level)
- Experience of automation tooling / scripting such as Puppet / Python / Perl / PowerShell
Due to the nature of this client individuals with a current SC or NATO Secret clearance are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the above role do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email
01908 030 130 / firstname.lastname@example.org)